Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:19:42 PM EDT
for my next ar i plan on buying a lmt, due to the quality. i am looking for somthing to last a life time, and i think that lmt has what it takes.
  do you guys have any experience with lmt if so what do you think?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't think of many AR15s that wouldn't last a lifetime, but LMT is still a fine brand.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my LMT Defender 2000 M4 type with 16-inch barrel. I know you know by now that you can't buy the whole rifle unless you're in law enforcement or the military. But it was no problem for me, I just bought the upper then the lower separately.

I like LMT's Mil-Spec dimensions, M4 feed ramps, 1/7 twist, chrome lining, finish and the fit of the upper to the lower. The fit of the receivers are precise without any rattles. Good trigger but not the best I've had.

The only things that's not so good, but I could live with it, is the color of the buffer tube and the forging flash was rough. I would prefer the buffer tube's color to be dark grey or black. The forging flash cleanup was better on my current and former Colts.

Optional components that I bought for it are LMT M16 BCG and LMT BUIS. I'm glad that LMT is including the Tango Down Battlegrip now (with battery storage). I would recommend it to everyone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
i feel that if i do my part all my rifles will last a long time regardless of manufactor.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top