Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 10:27:45 AM EDT
hello room i just purchased a colt match target model 6601 223 cal its just like the 1 i always dreamed  of ,,,thanks  JOE
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!

I own two Colt's a 6600 and a 6601, like them both. You should enjoy that!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
hello room i just purchased a colt match target model 6601 223 cal its just like the 1 i always dreamed  of ,,,thanks  JOE
View Quote

Joe, so long as YOU like the AR you have made a "good choice".  (Only a total fool would mess with a man's dreams.)

And welcome to AR15.com - the finest board in all of gundom !!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]
THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't actually post on here often since i've already seen a number of members bash the maker of mine.

I own a Hesse HAR-15 SN(03xxx). Yes I'll admit to it. You will see from time to time Hesse isn;t a popular maker, tho I've had no problems.  The ones i've seen with issues were in  higher SN range.

You shouldn't have any real problems from a colt and if something does give out parts are plentiful.

As with any specialized board there is a wealth of info and experience. Ask what you need to know.  I've read many good though out responces on here, and a few less then helpful.  

Take the time to get to know your rifle.  Learn it's teardown and assembly. And remember it's more made of glass.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't actually post on here often since i've already seen a number of members bash the maker of mine.

I own a Hesse HAR-15 SN(03xxx). Yes I'll admit to it. You will see from time to time Hesse isn;t a popular maker, tho I've had no problems.  The ones i've seen with issues were in  higher SN range.

You shouldn't have any real problems from a colt and if something does give out parts are plentiful.

As with any specialized board there is a wealth of info and experience. Ask what you need to know.  I've read many good though out responces on here, and a few less then helpful.  

Take the time to get to know your rifle.  Learn it's teardown and assembly. And remember it's more made of glass.

View Quote
I'm not going to bash you I think it's great that you own an AR 15. You are part of a club that loves AR 15's of all type. Welcome, ask questions that's what we are here for.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the reply i would never bash another mans gun some would but not me and im very new to this room and the ar- 15 so thanks again for the reply.......... joe
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course you made a good choice. ANY AR is a good first one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#8]
[wave][b] Hey Joe
Welcome to the board. Excellent choice on your first AR . Enjoy it ,check out your Hometown Forum and make some shooting buddys in your area.  Once again Welcome to the site[wave]

SaFe ShOoTiNg
 Jerry [):)] [/b]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The Colt is a great gun (ok, rifle)and excellent choice for your first AR. Some people here will tell you that they are over-rated, but that is through much personal experience and things that they've heard from others (some true and some questionable. I personally own Colt, Armalite, and Bushmaster, and think that they are all great rifles. Colt will always have the name and resale value that goes along with that.

When you get past the ones that have quality problems (mostly from some of the other manufactures) then you start to get into brand loyalty like ford/chevy/dodge preferneces.

Enjoy your new rifle. Take care of it and it will serve you well for many years.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top