Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 9:07:12 AM EST
These are really basic questions, as I am in my infancy still here . Im thinking of going the midlength route. Im deciding between noveske and BCM for my upper. First of all, I dont want this to turn into a "this vs that" brand, but could anyone justify buying a noveske midlength upper for almost 300$ more then the BCM? Also, would you recommend a full auto BCG from BCM or a semi-auto (does this make any difference since its a midlength, I know the auto has a longer dwell time or something).
And lastly, anything I should know about the buffer tube? Is there any difference being that it is a midlength.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:09:47 AM EST
If the BCM is that much cheaper I would go with it. Also an M-16 carrier(why not?)

Buffer tube and spring will be decided by the stock you choose.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:14:37 AM EST
Noveske is all about the barrel

Depends what the weapon will be used for

I would be happy with both for protection

If I wanted BETTER accuracy I would go noveske barrel
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:50:21 AM EST
I have a BCM mid-length and I love it. Although I don't personally own a Noveske to compare it to. there is absolutely nothing wrong with BCM. I would put it above my Bushmaster upper.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:15:17 AM EST
noveske is top of the line...that said, is it any "better" in functionality vs another, quality brand? thats your call

the FA or semi BCG: it doesnt matter in all real applications––go w/ what you want

the tubesr arent any diff
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:14:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 11:14:39 AM EST by AndysAR15name]
Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:
noveske is top of the line...that said, is it any "better" in functionality vs another, quality brand? thats your call

the FA or semi BCG: it doesnt matter in all real applications––go w/ what you want

So a lmt defender lower with sopmod stock would work just fine with a noveske mid length upper? Sorry, I know some of these things may be obvious, but I just like to clarify.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:18:36 AM EST
All the things you are looking at are good choices. there is no possible wrong combination of any of the items you have talked about. I like a M16 carrier just for tad of extra weight. an H buffer gives a little extra weight also, but neither is required. the idea is the extra weight softens the jolting of the parts a bit. It is a bigger deal on the carbine length gas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:21:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By cckw:
All the things you are looking at are good choices. there is no possible wrong combination of any of the items you have talked about. I like a M16 carrier just for tad of extra weight. an H buffer gives a little extra weight also, but neither is required. the idea is the extra weight softens the jolting of the parts a bit. It is a bigger deal on the carbine length gas.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:28:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By AndysAR15name:
Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:

So a lmt defender lower with sopmod stock would work just fine with a noveske mid length upper? Sorry, I know some of these things may be obvious, but I just like to clarify.

I had just that combination, an LMT SOPMOD lower with a Noveske 16.1" recon upper. Only reason I changed it was I found a Noveske lower for the upper.
Top Top