Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/9/2003 11:38:21 AM EDT
Anyone know if anyone makes a MIDLENGTH FF NON-Rail handguard?

I want to get a Midlength barrel and free float it, but not get a <$100 rail system.

If no one makes one, would you think I could take a hack saw to a standard length ff tube?

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:56:12 PM EDT
Bushmaster. Check out [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/handguards/hgd-02.asp[/url]. I've had one for years. It works great, doesn't get to hot, etc. You can't really torque it though as it goes on with a strap wrench. I put it on when it was the cool-guy thing, but of course the rail systems have since supplanted it in that category [:)] Someday I'll "upgrade". They don't list a mid-length, just carbine and full length, but I believe they have one. However, for $59.95 versus $100 for a Firsh, why not just get the Firsh? (Please, no anti-Firsh stuff in this thread, go see the handguard faq!) Oh, yeah, then you'll have to hang $100's of cool-guy things off of it. Your right, best to stick to the Bushy thing [;)]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:00:43 PM EDT
Aramalite makes a carbon fiber midlegnth tube, I have a green one I'd part with. wes
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2003 1:32:51 PM EDT by cnatra]
go to [url]www.armalite.com[/url] and look at their "target" models with the fiberglass free float tubes looks like [url]www.rockriverarms.com[/url] has some mid-length tubes in anodized aluminum
Top Top