Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2003 9:05:20 PM EDT
how do you replace an old follower in a magazine with a new green one?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Use a small flat tipped screw driver to pry up from the back bottom the floor plate just a little bit until you can slide the plate out. Watch out the spring is under tension and can pop out.

After removing the plate, pull the spring out slowly and then wiggle the follower out of the mag body, replace the follower and then insert the new follower front tip first into the mag body. Then reverse the above and close up the mag.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I HAD NO PROBLEM REPLACING THE FOLLOWER IN SOME OF MY ALUMINUM MAGS. THANKS FOR THE HELP. I TRIED TO REPLACE THE FOLLOWERS IN 2 STEEL MAGS I CAME ACCROSS AND THOSE HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. AT FIRST I COULD NOT GET THE BACK FOLLOWER OUT, THEN WHEN I DID, THE GREEN FOLLOWER DID NOT FUNCTION AS WELL AS THE BLACK ONES DID.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top