Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 6:05:21 AM EDT
i know where to go to get one but im a little ocd and i know that that tiny piece of brass isnt really that big of a deal but i still want to make sure i buy one that was exactly like the old one   it came with my smith and wesson m&p 15 lower and really i guess my main question is well ive seen a few different companys offer them ex dpms and black rifle works but are they all the same piece and s&w, dpms etc just buy them all from one place like is there a difference between a stag arms saftey selector detent and a s&w one....thats all i know its kind of a wierd question and all and it makes me sound a little ocd but i just want to get one thats not out of place on my s&w i dont really like mixed companys parts all over my gun with the exception of stocks, lights, rails, optics etc like i want the parts that make the gun work to be the same
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
That's one massive run-on sentence.

A safety detent is a safety detent. Mill spec parts are generally all the same. It's a $2 part that's going to cost you $7 in shipping to get.

Can get the pin kit here:

pin kit

And midway won't charge you UPS rates if they can just fit it in an envelope.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Here you go... Good pricing and they don't rip you off for shipping a small tiny part.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a bad part to keep a bunch of. Takedown detentes and springs, too. I get mine from Brownell's.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
AT- A- BOY Bigbore Steve, we don't see this too often!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Brownells is a good place to buy parts.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Brownells is a good place to buy parts.

Apparently Adco is better. But we've known that for a bit...

To address the issue, OP, buy from ADCO whenever you get the chance; his service is no BS.  You will also find that it's in your best interest to buy some arbitrary number greater than 2 (e.g.-5 or 10) of all of these little parts that can ruin your day.  They aren't that pricey so you can buy a lifetime supply for the same shipping rate as one part.  Know whats smaller than a safety detent?  A takedown pin detent; there's one somewhere in my living room carpet!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Adco is the place I check first for about everything.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
"but im a little ocd"

Yes perhaps a little. Detents are pretty much the same and not to mention rather inexpensive. Most guys that build lowers have spares in their stash of parts. ost good LPK kits come with spares.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Haha, I did this shit last weekend too; took my carbine apart to give it a new desert camo paint job and lost the damn thing.  Any chance I could get in on that snail-mail ADCO program too?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top