Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:42:38 AM EDT
I didn't know what forum to put this in so I'll try here. I've loaded my card board boxes with three stripper clips and slid them into the pockets on the bandoleer. My question is does the top flap get glued back down to keep the stripper clips from sliding out of the pockets? When I look at the flaps it looks like there is or was once some type of adhesive that keept the pockets closed.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No, there is no adhesive to hold the flaps closed.  The adhesive you are seeing was probably just used to make the stitching of the fabric easier during manufacture.

If you sling the bandoleer's flap-up, the clips will not fall out.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Bandoleers often have excessive "sizing" in them.  This is a material that fabric product manufacturers use to give the fabric some body, keeping it from being completely limp.  Since bandoleers are made from very inexpensive fabric, they need something to keep them in a shape the sewing machines can use.  Most of the time you feel the fabric being kind of semi-stiff with a strange feel to the surface: that's sizing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bandoleers often have excessive "sizing" in them.  This is a material that fabric product manufacturers use to give the fabric some body, keeping it from being completely limp.

Yes, that stuff, as GHPorter said.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top