Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 5:01:22 PM EDT
i have had this problem since i purchased the gun.  Bushmaster signiture series, recently converted to bushmasters M4 barrel.  Same upr rec., bolt,carrier etc.  1 in 3 30rd mags, the last round will get jammed between the bolt and "roof" of the upr receiver.  if you can picture what i'm saying, you know what takes place when rectifying this situation.  this does NOT make me happy.  
    the other 2 mags, the last round will not chamber.  the mag catches the bolt and leaves the last round just laying on top of the mag.  what's up.  anyone with advice?  appreciate it.

luke2
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My money is on bad mags, check the feed lips.

Robert
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Provided it's a good mil-spec mag...

The lips need to be bent down slightly to match the contour of the last round.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Luke2,

Which direction does your brass eject?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
tweak, brass ejects down and back to the right.  seems ok.  have new mags (kickle)with the closed ends on the feed lips.  the lips look like they contour correctly to the last round.  havn't cleaned the mags lately, could it be a follower issue?
thanks all for the tips.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you mean between 3 and 4 o-clock from the ejection port? Are there brass dings on the brass deflector or on the delta ring?

What are kickle mags?

Are your mags USGI?

[ed to + mag Qs]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
tweak, yea that's what i mean.  3 to 4 oclock.  brass is hitting deflector not d ring.  spelled nickle wrong.  don't know if there usgI mags.  just bought them not too long ago new.  can't remember from who.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Nickel plated magazines?

My suggestion is to go to a gunshow or something and buy about 6 USGI magazines (check to make sure they have 6 full spot welds on both front and back).

Then go to Home Depot and get three 2x4s and a roll of string.

Go out to the range, set up the 2x4s such that you have two posts and one beam.

Tie your nickel plated mags to the beam, spaced evenly, such that they hang down about a foot or two, swinging in the wind.

Go out to 50 yards or so and have a little target practice using your new USGI magazines!

Edited to add, watch out for shrapnel and ricochets. Always wear eye and ear protection.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Luke2,

What B0ne means to say is that if your mags are nickel plated they are not USGI. If they are not USGI then they could easily be the cause of the problem.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I had this trouble with a couple of USA mags I had a while back.  Went to USGI and the problem disappeared.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the advice.  i will hit the next gun show and do what was suggested.  will use the nickle mags for target practice too.  thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top