Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 4:05:15 PM EDT
Hello everyone!  Does anyone own one of these for attaching a silencer on their ar-15?  Thinking about getting the one, but want to know what the flash hider looks like before I buy.  Can anyone show me a pic, or link me to a site that has a close up of this item?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
It does not make a 14.5" barrel 16" if you were planning on that.  The Gemtech Bilock flash hider will though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
THANKS FOR THE PICS!!!  Thats a BIG help!

Nah, I'll just put it on a 16' barrel, an inch and a half doesn't make any difference to me, I don't want to pay more money for a permit for a barrel, since I'll already be puting extra money on the permit for the silencer.  Thanks for the input guys!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
... Actually... I took a look at the gemtech mount, and that would be great to have it permanently attached to a 14.5 inch barrel, so I could make my AR look like the one we use in the military, but still be legal, and not have to worry about filling out paperwork or extra money.  BUT, can I legally buy a threaded 14.5 inch barrel, THEN send it off to get the mount installed, without breaking the law for the few minutes I have the barrel???
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... Actually... I took a look at the gemtech mount, and that would be great to have it permanently attached to a 14.5 inch barrel, so I could make my AR look like the one we use in the military, but still be legal, and not have to worry about filling out paperwork or extra money.  BUT, can I legally buy a threaded 14.5 inch barrel, THEN send it off to get the mount installed, without breaking the law for the few minutes I have the barrel???

Some companies won't sell you a SBR barrel unless you can provide them a copy of your Form 4 or SOT.  You could also have the barrel sent directly to the shop that will attach the mount.  That could save you shipping costs.  

-YJ
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe Gemtech does perm installs themselves as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top