Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 3:44:30 PM EDT
man this thing is like a sledge hammer!!!!!

here are is one of the targets, this was the sight in using 325hp

this was at 100yds since i had my varmit with me and didnt want to move back and forth

man it really gives you a pounding! sad part about it is....... i love it!!!!
went through about 53 rounds and my arm feels like its about to fall off!

had a range buddy shoot it and after the first shot he got up and left! he also had his daughter and her boyfriend with him and he made them shoot it too! a real sight to see the boyfriend damn near feel off the bench and the girl looked like she started crying.

heres a pic of my wulf

man it was a blast and the recoil goes straight back, hardly any muzzle rise but i guess thats all made up in recoil the noise wasnt as bad as i though it would be.
i shot it with the a2 stock and the mgi buffer, wondered how the regular buffer would feel but i forgot it at home. which i think was a good thing.

oh and i just found out that it broke bits of the handguards off cause i heard something rattling when i went to pack up. oh well maybe ill get the cav arms m4 ones.

got the brake on order so ima see how much of a difference that does.

i wanna take the time to thank everyone for helping with all the questions and concerns i had with the wulf purchase cause this thing is the shizznit!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice shooting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the nice shooting , what a rush huh !
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck of a rush isn' t it ?
Good shooting too.
Even with the kick your still hooked on the bigbore aren't you ?
It is kindof fun to watch someone else shoot it just to see the look on their face.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
oh and i just found out that it broke bits of the handguards off cause i heard something rattling when i went to pack up. oh well maybe ill get the cav arms m4 ones.

Give your dealer, or Alexander Arms a call Monday, I'm sure they'll make it right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]
man even though the thing beats the living crap out of you its super addictive!!!

after shooting it today it has changed my mind about reloading, about to order the lee anniversary kit later tomorrow.

thanks on the comps about the shooting

didnt really care about the groups or sighting in after awhile cause this thing is real fun to shoot.
and to think i was planning on building a .40cal ar instead of getting the wulf  good thing i chose the wulf.

about the handguards, im pretty sure aa would replace them for me. but im gonna get the m4 handguards anyway.

thanks again fellow wulf guys for steering me in the right path!  oh btw im heading back out tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Any idea what the muzzle velocity is with those 325 grain slugs?   I'm really curious how one of these guns would sound with a good suppressor on it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Any idea what the muzzle velocity is with those 325 grain slugs?   I'm really curious how one of these guns would sound with a good suppressor on it.

i have no idea but here is a link to a chart that was posted with some numbers. here's the one from the alexander site.

the blast wasnt as bad as i thought it would be.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a good time was had.  I have to wait till spring to shoot my new baby, no other outdoor ranges around till then.

Hope I enjoy it as much as everyone else.  Not that I really think I won't.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Got a source for those Cav Arms forearms? My gun did the same thing; the forearms rattle and that doesn't help when hog hunting!
I'm not sure what forearms to use on the 'wulf, though. Any advise?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Sadly it's just not enough of a rush anymore.......

I need a 20mm or something.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Got a source for those Cav Arms forearms? My gun did the same thing; the forearms rattle and that doesn't help when hog hunting!
I'm not sure what forearms to use on the 'wulf, though. Any advise?

treetop with adrenaline arms has the midlength m4 handguards. give him a holler.

i think that the absolute best forearm to use would be the larue tactical since it has the locking mechanism
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Welcome to the beowulf club!

I just got one a month or so ago, and had the same problem.  The handguards have an inner aluminum liner that is attached to the outer plastic piece partly via hot glue. The hot glue doesn't seem to be able to take the pounding, and pops right off. I removed the hot glue, pressed the liner back into the handguards, and took it out to the range again. No more problems.

I will try to get some good pics of mine to post in the other thread, but it is the 16" overmatch with the brake, assembled on a black Cav Arms Mk 2 lower. Standard carbine buffer for now, although I am thinking about trying something heavier. First I need to pick up some sort of optics for it.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Can you use a regular ARlower for this upper or do you need a special lower with modified mag well?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:58:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Can you use a regular ARlower for this upper or do you need a special lower with modified mag well?

Standard AR lower
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Welcome to the beowulf club!

I just got one a month or so ago, and had the same problem.  The handguards have an inner aluminum liner that is attached to the outer plastic piece partly via hot glue. The hot glue doesn't seem to be able to take the pounding, and pops right off. I removed the hot glue, pressed the liner back into the handguards, and took it out to the range again. No more problems.

Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna try it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#16]

got the brake on order so ima see how much of a difference that does

I bought mine with the brake (loctite install), Im curious how effective you find the brake. please post
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

got the brake on order so ima see how much of a difference that does

I bought mine with the brake (loctite install), Im curious how effective you find the brake. please post

sure thing. although   wulf50guy said there is only a slight difference
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top