Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/18/2007 6:23:30 PM EDT
So, I just got my new upper today and tried to put the BCG in it and the gas tub and gas key do not line up? When I ordered the BCG, I was sent two by accident. I tried the second and got the same results. I pulled the BCG out of my RRA and it fit fine? WTF?
I am going to call the retailer(very well known) where I got the BCG tomorrow, but any thoughts in the mean time?

The upper is SD 20" on a CMT with a Samson rail.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:16:21 PM EDT
sounds like your gas tube is out of alignment.

The barrel nut probably was giving the installer a hard time lining up properly.

As for why your RRA BCG works.........
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:00:58 PM EDT
+1 on the gas tube alignment. It should be straight down the upper, which you should be able to see when the bolt / carrier is removed. As the cam pin and gas key both ride in a slot in the upper, it is basically impossible for them to be out of line with the tube unless the tube is not straight.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:14:34 AM EDT
I am switching the old BCG from the old RRA to the new upper because it fits. I am putting the new BCG in the old RRA upper because it fits. I will funtion test them next time I go to the range, but I still don't feel good about all parts not fitting both guns!

Top Top