Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/28/2012 10:01:29 AM EDT
What is the deal with hydraulic buffers? such as this one http://www.buffertech.com/AR-Restor-Hydraulic-Recoil-Buffer-Carbine-P178.aspx
Are they worth it or just garbage, I did a search and looked around but didnt find anything about them on here. thanks for your input in advance
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:09:35 AM EDT

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:10:01 AM EDT
Sons of Guns seems to think they are awesome and that AR's will not run reliable without one.

I use standard buffers just with different weights and do not buy into all the hype.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:11:02 AM EDT
Crap...pure crap.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:20:47 AM EDT
I know hk9x series has been using them since day one. heavy buffers ftw!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:41:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES_45:
Sons of Guns seems to think they are awesome and that AR's will not run reliable without one.

I use standard buffers just with different weights and do not buy into all the hype.

Fact! I laughed so hard when they said the gun was broken without it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:50:00 AM EDT
Ya they made themselves look real stupid there! I know the right buffer must really help just never tried differant buffers in my gun and didnt know anything about the Hydraulic ones. I think I am gonna try a heavy just to see what it does and how big a differance it makes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:53:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:

Some of the people I work with thought I was full of shit when I told them that the buffer issue was staged. I had a maintenance supervisor argue with me that the buffer had to be hydraulic because they built it to require one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:00:50 AM EDT
Waste of money IMHO
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:08:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jacknife:
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:

Some of the people I work with thought I was full of shit when I told them that the buffer issue was staged. I had a maintenance supervisor argue with me that the buffer had to be hydraulic because they built it to require one.

My friend was watching that and I was laughing the whole time saying the rifle was a POS and should have worked better with the standard buffer. Glad someone finally agrees my friend who is a know it all but knows nothing about the workings of a firearm was arguing the same point.
I also laughed that they would put that in a rifle that would be a service rifle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:50:20 AM EDT
Pointless product. I bought into the hype when I was new to ARs, my gun wouldn't hold the bolt open after the last round, put in a heavy buffer, no more issue

Useless item...waste of money.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:34:22 PM EDT
I don't know about different buffers but I thought they said it was needed for full auto in their gun? was it really?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:07:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shooter1950:
I don't know about different buffers but I thought they said it was needed for full auto in their gun? was it really?

Show drama. Would not be a show if they did not have girl drama.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:05:52 PM EDT
Yeah what the hell was the deal with the hydraulic buffer? I didn't understand why it wouldn't work on FA with a Carbine buffer
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 9:37:17 PM EDT
From what I have read, the hydraulic buffer is the lightest way to eliminate bolt bounce in full auto fire. Without a buffer like that, or a real heavy one, bolt bounce will prevent the gun from being reliable in full auto mode. In semi-auto mode, it is no better at all (maybe even worse) than a normal buffer.
Top Top