Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:01:29 AM EDT
What is the deal with hydraulic buffers? such as this one http://www.buffertech.com/AR-Restor-Hydraulic-Recoil-Buffer-Carbine-P178.aspx
Are they worth it or just garbage, I did a search and looked around but didnt find anything about them on here. thanks for your input in advance
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Sons of Guns seems to think they are awesome and that AR's will not run reliable without one.

I use standard buffers just with different weights and do not buy into all the hype.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Crap...pure crap.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I know hk9x series has been using them since day one.  heavy buffers ftw!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sons of Guns seems to think they are awesome and that AR's will not run reliable without one.

I use standard buffers just with different weights and do not buy into all the hype.

Fact! I laughed so hard when they said the gun was broken without it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Ya they made themselves look real stupid there! I know the right buffer must really help just never tried differant buffers in my gun and didnt know anything about the Hydraulic ones. I think I am gonna try a heavy just to see what it does and how big a differance it makes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the people I work with thought I was full of shit when I told them that the buffer issue was staged.  I had a maintenance supervisor argue with me that the buffer had to be hydraulic because they built it to require one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Waste of money IMHO
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the people I work with thought I was full of shit when I told them that the buffer issue was staged.  I had a maintenance supervisor argue with me that the buffer had to be hydraulic because they built it to require one.

My friend was watching that and I was laughing the whole time saying the rifle was a POS and should have worked better with the standard buffer.  Glad someone finally agrees my friend who is a know it all but knows nothing about the workings of a firearm was arguing the same point.
I also laughed that they would put that in a rifle that would be a service rifle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Pointless product. I bought into the hype when I was new to ARs, my gun wouldn't hold the bolt open after the last round, put in a heavy buffer, no more issue

Useless item...waste of money.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know about different buffers but I thought they said it was needed for full auto in their gun? was it really?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't know about different buffers but I thought they said it was needed for full auto in their gun? was it really?

Show drama.  Would not be a show if they did not have girl drama.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah what the hell was the deal with the hydraulic buffer? I didn't understand why it wouldn't work on FA with a Carbine buffer
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
From what I have read, the hydraulic buffer is the lightest way to eliminate bolt bounce in full auto fire. Without a buffer like that, or a real heavy one, bolt bounce will prevent the gun from being reliable in full auto mode. In semi-auto mode, it is no better at all (maybe even worse) than a normal buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top