Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 12:54:01 PM EDT
How  much adjustment is necessary when sighting in an eotech? Is it normally a lot or is it just a little?

I was trying to sight it in today, but the more I played with it the worse it got. At 25 yards(longest distance my indoor range has) I was shooting the top right of the paper about 9 inches away from the bulls eye.

When sighting the gun with the irons it shot almost perfect. poa=poi.

The eotech is sitting on a larue mount on a m4 flattop.

Any Ideas?

Also...this was my first time shooting the gun...so user error could be a possibility.

Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
When I first got my EOTech 512, I put it directly on the flattop of my 20" A4. It shot about a foot and a half high at 50yds, so I just gave it a full turn down, and that got me within a couple inches of POA.

I just switched that EOTech to it's permanent home on a 16" flattop and knew I was going to have to re-zero. It was shooting about 8" high and 5" to the left, so I after I figured out how many clicks I needed, I gave it a try. I got it close with the second try, though.

Long story short, I got it zeroed, but both times I've had to zero it, it hasn't been close.

Just remember, if it takes too much elevation or windage, don't force anything. Stuff can break if the EOTech reaches it's maximum adjustment point and you keep twisting the slot.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to zero at 50yards/meters to get the best zero. If your EOTech is new and came with instructions it even states it there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I made the bulk of my adjustments at home in the basement. I did have to crank on the knobs pretty good to get them close to zero.

When I mounted my EO I knew my BUIS were on at 50 yds so I adjusted the dot on the EO to sit right on top of the front sight post when viewed through the irons. First shot with the EO was 2" high on bull at 50yds. Two minor adjustments and I was where I wanted to be.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, ill align it to my irons and start from there when I go back to the range. My irons were dead on today.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#5]
with my EO 512 I used a 3/4" riser on my flat top and it took 50 clicks down to zero, about 10 clicks for windage. So yes, they need a fair amount of adjustment out of the box
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine have all been pretty right on...of course I've gotten them all used.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't shot with my eotech yet, but I put it right on the flattop and it was pretty far off where my irons were zeroed at.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top