Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:23:52 PM EDT
I have been thinking of a AR pistol for a while.  After looking at them, how do you shoot them?  If you hold them like a rifle, does the buffer tube jam into you?  If you hold them like a pistol, isn't it hard to handle?  I am thinking about building one, but are they any fun to shoot?

Thanks,
Mack
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
hold like a pistol or push it against your cheek. when its cold i keep the tube against my shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have been thinking of a AR pistol for a while.  After looking at them, how do you shoot them?  If you hold them like a rifle, does the buffer tube jam into you?  If you hold them like a pistol, isn't it hard to handle?  I am thinking about building one, but are they any fun to shoot?

Thanks,
Mack

With ear protection.  

As mentioned above, just hold it as you would your rifle  except  that you don't have anything to put against your shoulder. One hand on the handguard and one on the pistol grip, hold the buffer tube to your cheek and line up your sights, and queeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, queeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, queeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, queeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, queeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, queeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, queeze, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. Then do it again, and again.........

Good luck,

Gene
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Just watch "Clear and Present Danger" Wilhem Defoe will show you how to shoot one. He used one toward the end of the movie.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:... how do you shoot them? ...If you hold them like a pistol, isn't it hard to handle?
Mack

I use the same technique as with any of my other longer barreled handguns.

Hard to handle? If you have no trouble firing a 8 3/8" .44Mag then an AR-15 pistol should be a snap.

BTW. I burnned a load yesterday with my Bushy pistol and I'm still smiling. It was overcast so the light show was great!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys, I guess I will have to go ahead and start building oneMack
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a Bushy pistol on layaway at my local dealer....can't wait til PayDay!
ordered two more thousand rounds of ammo to make sure I like it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm sure you're going to love the new pisol.

A general word of warning about ammo and auto-loaders. Some just don't like certain brands of ammo. It's a good idea to buy a box or two of several types of ammo (manufacturer, bullet type and weight) before buying a case just to make sure your new prize will run well.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure you're going to love the new pisol.

A general word of warning about ammo and auto-loaders. Some just don't like certain brands of ammo. It's a good idea to buy a box or two of several types of ammo (manufacturer, bullet type and weight) before buying a case just to make sure your new prize will run well.

Yeah, my gun will not run smooth with the crappy mag bushmaster gives with the gun, the spring on it is too weak.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
good mags are the backbone to any ar platform
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a sayeret sling, keeps it snug when slung on back.  

To fire just unbuckle the sling extension to shooting length, wrap support hand over sling then under handguard making a tight sling-hand-handguard sandwhich, cheek on ACE padding, and push out with pistol grip and its a stable as any rifle I have.  
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top