Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 3:36:08 PM EDT
Are there certain markings to look for?----Any help appreciated
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What does it say forward of the front sight base?  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushy is a knock off.  It ain't a Colt or an FN.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, does it have two gas blocks -- one functional, milled one under the handguards and a non-functional one that is used as a front sight only? As far as I know, Bushmaster is the only one who does it this way. The others just cut a rifle barrel down and open up the gas port.

Also, Bushmaster barrels are marked "B MP".
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, does it have two gas blocks -- one functional, milled one under the handguards and a non-functional one that is used as a front sight only? As far as I know, Bushmaster is the only one who does it this way. The others just cut a rifle barrel down and open up the gas port.

Negative.

Model 1 does that too.

What is the marking on the upper receiver.  Should be on the right side near the sight wheel, assuming its an A2.  

Just read off any casting marks, stampings, or other writing on it.  Does the upper have what looks to be a keyhole mark stamp?  If thats there, it is NOT a bushy...but more likely a m1s

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dude, what is with you?  First you stomp some poor guy's EE ad for a 6920, now you crap on someone just asking for info.  Get a life....

BTW, the two gas blocks are a telltale sign if it's a Bushy....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Does the upper have what looks to be a keyhole mark stamp?  If thats there, it is NOT a bushy...but more likely a m1s

I've had Bushmaster, RRA, CMT and Colt receivers with the keyhole mark of Cerro Forge.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does the upper have what looks to be a keyhole mark stamp?  If thats there, it is NOT a bushy...but more likely a m1s

I've had Bushmaster, RRA, CMT and Colt receivers with the keyhole mark of Cerro Forge.

I stand corrected.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stand corrected.  

CMMG have keyhole uppers also
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I submit that the DPMS, which is a heavy  barrel and rifle length gas system, is NOT a crappy take off.  I have yet to see or hear of one that did not run 100%, even with Wolf ammo.

Go to the Bushmaster web page, compare your barrel with the ones shown there.  Also, check the stamping on the barrel.

Tom  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

or
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel like a total jackass now.

I honestly thought that keyhole was an off brand.

Dohh.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#14]
has the keyhole mark but nothing else---is an a2 upper...I really don't care what it is as long as it will shoot well for me, but I don't want to build up a nice upper for home defense around something that isn't gonna be reliable for me----thanks all---I really appreciate the info
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#15]
every bushmaster bbl. i own have "bmp 1/9 5.56 nato" marked on it.

think on the dissy it might be inbetween the front sight and the gas block under the handguards.

and with the keyhole forging i have seen them on many of uppers offered by different manuf. bm,colt,rra,m1, cmt ......
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#16]
tat2u - contact me asap, please.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dumb question here:
What do you mean cut the barrel down and and open up the gas port ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top