Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2004 4:22:16 PM EST
About a year ago I put together an AR-15 20" HBAR using Bushmaster upper, lower, bolt carrier and bolt and std A2 buttstock and buffer assembly. I used a Fulton Armory barrel. It work great, it looks great it shoots nice but when firing it the noise of the buffer spring sound like an old daisy air rifle. I have never experienced this noise in my Colt Sporter carbine so I am wondering if there is something wrong with the Bushie parts. It really does not seem to affect the functionality of the weapon but the sound is pretty annoying. Any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:18:19 PM EST
Thats the sound they are supposed to make. you can get rid of some of it by putting a good amount of oil into the buffer tube, but i wouldnt advise it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:22:03 PM EST
I think the sproing noise is accentuated by the standard A2 stock, when I slipped a VLTOR A2 over the extension, the noise was almost gone. When I changed to a VLTOR telestock and extension, it hardly makes any noise. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:13:47 AM EST
That noise is normal. Sproing-ng-ng-ng! Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:51:45 PM EST
if it really bothers you, to the point of distraction, just a dab or 2 (not a pound) of grease, lightly rubbed on the spring will quiet it down,,,
but it will get REAL dirty!
Top Top