Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:22:16 PM EDT
About a year ago I  put together an  AR-15 20"  HBAR  using  Bushmaster upper, lower, bolt carrier and bolt and std A2  buttstock and  buffer assembly.  I used a Fulton Armory barrel.  It work  great, it looks great  it shoots nice  but  when firing  it    the noise of the buffer spring  sound like  an old daisy air rifle.  I  have never experienced this  noise  in my  Colt Sporter carbine so I am wondering  if there is  something wrong with the  Bushie parts.  It really does not  seem to affect the functionality of the weapon  but  the  sound is  pretty annoying.    Any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats the sound they are supposed to make. you can get rid of some of it by putting a good amount of oil into the buffer tube, but i wouldnt advise it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the sproing noise is accentuated by the standard A2 stock, when I slipped a VLTOR A2 over the extension, the noise was almost gone. When I changed to a VLTOR telestock and extension, it hardly makes any noise. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
That noise is normal.  Sproing-ng-ng-ng!  Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
if it really bothers you, to the point of distraction, just a dab or 2 (not a pound) of grease, lightly rubbed on the spring will quiet it down,,,
but it will get REAL dirty!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top