Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:33:24 PM EDT
Hey Arfcom'ers. I could use some help identifying and figuring out how to install this rail. A co-worker and I went to the surplus store today to sell off a bunch of old gear we used to use with our program and the shop had this sitting under glass. They had $30 on it but let me take it for $20 towards our trade since it had been sitting awhile. I initially picked it up thinking holy crap and ARMS rail for $30! Some time spent with it definitely indicates it isn't an actual ARMS product. There are no manufacturer markings, and it appears to have either started, or at least spent part of its life being silver.

The rear has the locking, spring loaded tabs similar to an ARMS SIR, but the front (as seen in one pic below) doesn't have any way to lock the halves together as best I can tell. The ARMS one seems to have a hole in the top half that the front rail section screw would thread through to tie everything together. As you can see, it also doesn't have the three screws and wire that some ARMS rails have, but then some ARMS rails don't have that either. Best I can tell, the one that doesn't is the 50 "civilian" version. That looks to have the most similar profile to mine.

The other major difference is that my rail has no clamp for the upper receiver's own rail along the top side. There are no holes for a clamp to ride in either. It wouldn't seem to be very stable for maintaining a zero if there's no way to anchor that top rail.

This was going to go on my little 9mm SBR as its the only AR I have that currently doesn't have a rail. For $20––in trade no less––I figured it would be a great temporary fix regardless of its authenticity and a chance to see how I liked the SIR profile. Any help would thus be greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks airsoft.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks airsoft.

+1 sorry about the loss
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah. I think it is. That was my thought not long into buying it. That being said, the airsoft ones still seem to attach exactly as the ARMS ones do. Be nice if I could find some parts and get it to lock up effectively. Hell, the airsoft ones I have been able to find still sell for something like $150-$180 dollars. Maybe I can move it and still come out on top...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top