Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 2:09:56 PM EDT
i am getting ready to order my 2nd upper - just waiting on my first one to arrive so i can evaluate it and see if i want to stick w/ the same source, first. in trying to determine the features i want, i keep getting stuck on the handguard/tube part.

i want a free float tube that will permit accessories to be hung on it. in perusing the various manufacturers, i can't seem to find any that specifically say that their tube (is it actually a rail?) is or is not free floating.

the upper is to be a carbine, and weight is a consideration, though price is a bigger consideration. can someone steer me into a tube (rail?) that is light, free floating, and will work w/ an a-2 upper, please?

tia.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue 7.0 FF Rail

LaRue Tactical

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, but... the link didn't work.

any more input?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Surefire and Fobus only make non-free floating.

Yankee Hill and Knights Armament make both freefloating and non free floating handguards.

Daniel Defense, LaRue, Troy, Olympic, PRI and ARMS all make free floating handguards.  Rock River, Bushmaster, DPMS and others sell the YHM free float tubes under their own name.

They will all work with an A2 upper except the Knights RAS II.  Also, the only model of the ARMS SIR that will work with an A2 upper is the model(s) that are specifically made for fixed carry handle uppers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top