Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:59:45 PM EDT
How smooth is the gas tube supposed to go into the gas key in the bolt carrier when installed correctly.?..the build I have now seems to move the gas tube a hair once it contacts the key...I have tweaked it a few angles but cant seem to have it totally insert passively.  Kinda a dumb question..I have built quite a few ARs without giving it any real thought until now since I am building a precision platform...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If it bugs you then try and adjust it more.  You can try bending the tube into place or line up the barrel nut teeth better.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Fix your gas tube, if you have got to bend it a tad, go ahead.  There is no reason for your carrier key to drag.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies but thats not what I meant....how smoothly does the tube go into the key when it cycles...It kind of makes a "ting" noise and the tube slightly moves...Is that ok...or is it supposed to be totally silent and a passive fit.? Ive already bent it a few times ever so slightly but dont really know how passively its supposed to insert.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Noting here either....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top