Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:08:24 AM EDT
who sells a good quality extractor spring that is extra power for carbines but not super strong like the Wolff spring? thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Try the Colt HD spring from www.sawlesales.com
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]
to bad you have to buy 50 bucks worth.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]
That's true. Why not just run a Wolff Extra Power spring? Or run your normal extractor spring with an o-ring.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont really like the oring bandaid think but I do have some wolff springs and Ill most likley use them.  The only thing about the Wolff is that it is so stiff it makes the extractor cut little grooves in the rim of the brass and I keep my brass for reloading.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#5]
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4840&title=EXTRACTOR+SPRING+ASSEMBLY&s=10818#10818

The ones I got from them are the newer gold springs with the black inserts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
that sounds like what  Im looking for.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I dont really like the oring bandaid think but I do have some wolff springs and Ill most likley use them.  The only thing about the Wolff is that it is so stiff it makes the extractor cut little grooves in the rim of the brass and I keep my brass for reloading.  

Hmmm. I just looked at a pile of my brass, all fired out of 5 different ARs, each of which is fitted w/a Wolff spring. Not a groove to be seen.

I'm wondering if your extractor has a sharp edge, that doesn't mark w/a stock spring, but is being pressed hard enpough w/the Wolfie to cause the edge to cut?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#8]
My RRA extractor w/ the Wolff XP extractor spring cuts the "notch" into the rim of the case as well. I am not using an insert or O-Ring.

My RRA bolt came with a very small and puny spring, while my CMT bolt came with what appears to be the HD revised spring. It has the same number of coils as the Wolff, but the top/bottom are ground and the wire diameter is smaller than the Wolff. It came with a BLUE insert though.

My SOP is to replace the extractor spring with the Wolff XP and remove the insert. I have a batch of o-rings but I do not use them since everything runs smoothly as-is.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top