Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 4:55:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
SCOPE

For the most part, yes. Is it as bright as an Aimpoint, not really, but still visible. I guess it may not have seemed as bright as it really is using a red targer tho. So far its been a great optic, especially for the price. I really like the fact that its a little shorter then the XTR and it also has shorter eye relief so a regular SPR mount works well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
could you post some pics of the lit recticle in daylight?

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
could you post some pics of the lit recticle in daylight?

It might be a few days, its pretty rainy here and I haven't seen the sun since Sunday afternoon
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Not visable in the brightness of the Arizona sun.  The only 1-4 scopes that are be the Dhort Dot, and the MeOpta K Dot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not visable in the brightness of the Arizona sun.  The only 1-4 scopes that are be the Dhort Dot, and the MeOpta K Dot.

I know you didn't forget the Trijicon TR24 for a reason since it burns like Zeus's bolt!
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I disagree. The reticle still looks red to me, even in bright daylight. It does not glow, as another poster above me said, but it is clearly red. A really light background will cause some of the brightness to be lost, but it is still red enough to distinguish easily.

In direct afternoon sunlight, light background:

In shadow, same background:

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree. The reticle still looks red to me, even in bright daylight. It does not glow, as another poster above me said, but it is clearly red. A really light background will cause some of the brightness to be lost, but it is still red enough to distinguish easily.

In direct afternoon sunlight, light background:

In shadow, same background:

Great pics. I'm really liking mine. Its the first scope that I haven't thought about trading 2 weeks after I got it
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
thank you for the pics so far, keep em coming.

I am looking to put this on a 308 AR, you guys see any potential problems with that?

my options right now in this $ range seem to be, millet, this one, Burris XTR (quite a bit more), not sure what else.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
thank you for the pics so far, keep em coming.

I am looking to put this on a 308 AR, you guys see any potential problems with that?

my options right now in this $ range seem to be, millet, this one, Burris XTR (quite a bit more), not sure what else.

In this price range, this is the best IMO. The Millet has had very mixed reviews. The glass seems to be not so great, fungus issues, even one case where the scoped rifle fell over off some sand bags onto the bench (a few inches?) and the rear objective almost broke off. Its also made in China so take it for what you will. This one was made in the Phillipines if i remember right. Glass is great, seems solid as hell, great reticule and to top it off is FDE(almost). The XTR is almost twice the price so if I was spending that much I would just go ahead and get the TR24 personally.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]
do you know the sub-tensions on distance between each of the dots? I am assuming they are for holdovers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

do you know the sub-tensions on distance between each of the dots? I am assuming they are for holdovers.
I'd like some more info on this as well. I know it is set up for 5.56/.223, but I am not sure what each dot represents. If I had to guess if would be center at 100 yds (duh), next one down 300 yds, etc. There was no reticle specific information included with the scope, but maybe someone can dig up something on the Burris website?

ETA: This is the AR332 reticle, so it's probably set up the same for the TAC30.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/images/ballistic_cqreticle_dia.jpg
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Swarovski Z6i is also day light visible in the brightest sunlight. Even took it to Texas for the Larue Three gun match and had no wash out.
Pat

The Elcan Spectar is also daylight visible. (aimpoint bright)
As another poster stated the Tr24 and TR21 work fine in the sun light as well. You need to get some more exposure to optics.
Pat
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I missed it somewhere, is the reticle black with illumination off ? Any pics without illumination ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Swarovski Z6i is also day light visible in the brightest sunlight. Even took it to Texas for the Larue Three gun match and had no wash out.
Pat

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Optics/reticle2-1.jpg

As another poster stated the Tr24 and TR21 work fine in the sun light as well. You need to get some more exposure to optics.
Pat

Judging by your picture this new Burris is every bit as bright as your Z6. Any pics of it in the daylight?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#15]
If the new Burris is that birght I may put one on my next build.  But, I feel very comfortable with my MeOpta/
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pat

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Optics/reticle2-1.jpg

Pat

Judging by your picture this new Burris is every bit as bright as your Z6. Any pics of it in the daylight?

I will have to take some pics this summer when the sum comes out again lol. But actually the Swarovski never washes out. Not sure if the Burris is the same.
pat
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top