User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 7:09:47 AM EDT
delete
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not own one yet, but I have shot a friends set up with a carbon fiber handguard. I was very impressed with its lack of weight. I did not see or feel anything that would make me "think" it was any weaker than aluminum.

The best thing I liked about it (and impressed me the most) was its ability to disperse  heat (maybe resist is the correct term ?).

We were shooting 5 to 10 round rapid strings without much of a delay between mag changes. I never felt any thing much more than a pleasing "warmth". If this was an Aluminum tube....I would of had to wear a glove to hold it comfortably...or at all.

Welcome to the board!!

Hope this helps a little bit.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Scott.  I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive only seen them in carbine length from DPMS. Do they make one  for  24'' barrels? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine from RB Precision and the insulation from the heat is much better than frying your hand on the Hogue coated tube.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I got mine from www.hiperform.com.  They will cut them to any length you want.  I had mine cut a bit long to cover the gasblock on my carbine.  No rails. Simple and clean.  This tube is super rigid and very light in weight.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info and the picture Russ. I went with a Briley that I found on sale. Its supposed to be more of a matte finish. I like the hidden gas block .  Im going to try and post pics when everything comes in and I get it together. Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top