Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 9:14:17 PM EDT
Who makes chrome lined barrels aside from Bushmaster? I was offered a 14.5 inches M4 DPMS barrel, but it was not chrome lined, the seller told me that DPMS does not make chrome lined barrels. Is this true? prices of barrels(without the flash hider, sight and handguard) can go as much as USD 450!!!because of the scarcity.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Chrome lining the barrels shouldn't even be optional. It should be an option from those manufacturers who don't chrome line their barrels.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont know for sure with dpms and I buy all my stuff from bushmaster,CMMG also has good barrels they are chromelined 1/7 twist Identical to colt so go either 1/7 cmmg or 1/9 bushmaster if you go cmmg bushmaster will instal a perm.phantom supressor for you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Most DPMS barrels aren't chrome lined, but they make a few that are. It would be wrong to say they don't all together.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
DPMS makes chrome lined M4 barrels.  [url=http://www.k2-sports.com/]K2-Sports[/url] and [url=http://www.cmmginc.com]CMMG[/url] both sell them.  I am not sure whether DPMS has any other chrome lined barrels available, but give CMMG a call or email as they usually have a large stock of DPMS barrels on hand.

Just remember that the DPMS M4 chrome lined barrels have cast front sights instead of forged ones like the military issue barrels.  However, the barrels themselves are made of milspec 4150 steel and have the Colt designed M4 feed ramps cuts.  The cast front sight is the only item that is not milspec about those barrels.

Rock River Arms makes chrome lined M4 barrels and limited runs of other barrels with chrome lining.  However, they only use 4140 st4eel for the barrels instead of milspec 4150 steel.

Armalite barrels are also chrome lined, but are also made from 4140 steel intead of 4150.

Colt and Bushmaster are the only ones that make barrels with all milspec materials.  4150 barrel steel, chrome lining and all forged barrel parts.  Bushmaster barrels can be ordered direct from them.  Colt barrels can be ordered from [url=http://www.sawlesales.com]Specialized Armament Warehouse[/url]  

I'm not sure what the import laws of the Phillipines are concerning firearms parts, but you should try finding local distributors for those companies.  Colt would be more likely to have a distributor near you than the others, so that may be a place to start.  If that is a no go, then get in contact with one of those companies I mentioned and see if they have what you want.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Chrome lined barrels are available on J&T's M4 kits.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just remember that the DPMS M4 chrome lined barrels have cast front sights instead of forged ones like the military issue barrels.  However, the barrels themselves are made of milspec 4150 steel and have the Colt designed M4 feed ramps cuts.  The cast front sight is the only item that is not milspec about those barrels.

View Quote

Steve at ADCO can replace the cast front sight with a forged one for $65![;)]

You get a 16" or 14.4", 1/7, 4150 barrel or upper with M4 feed ramps from CMMG, send it to Steve@ADCO for a forged front sight and have it back months before Bushmaster even starts making the M4 barrels again! [:D]

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top