Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 12:34:55 PM EDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/AR-15-Colt-Prototype-Stock-Rare_W0QQitemZ160045860027QQihZ006QQcategoryZ587QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
wtf?

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
While we're at it, check out this barrel on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've seen this done by many Class 2 manufacturers over the years. The barrel is set up for use with a sound suppressor which increases the back pressure. Without the suppressor the action will not fully cycle. To improvise they simply bore out the end of the barrel that was cut off and tap some threads so that it fits right over the rest of the barrel. If done properly you can hardly tell that the barrel has been shortened. By adjusting the shoulder you could even get the C MP C markings to line up on the bottom as they would have originally.

It is possible that Colt did this but I wouldn't accept this claim without paperwork from Colt to document it. Like I said, I've seen many C2's do this kind of work in the past. Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen this done by many Class 2 manufacturers over the years. The barrel is set up for use with a sound suppressor which increases the back pressure. Without the suppressor the action will not fully cycle. To improvise they simply bore out the end of the barrel that was cut off and tap some threads so that it fits right over the rest of the barrel. If done properly you can hardly tell that the barrel has been shortened. By adjusting the shoulder you could even get the C MP C markings to line up on the bottom as they would have originally.

It is possible that Colt did this but I wouldn't accept this claim without paperwork from Colt to document it. Like I said, I've seen many C2's do this kind of work in the past. Buyer beware.

I would imagine it is not a factory Colt barrel like that.  Considering the sellers BS about the cycling problems considering the barrel without the extension is almost exactly like a dissipator model from other manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you guys think about the stock? Ever seen anything like that?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Custom bump-fire stock?!?!?

Doc
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The buttstock appears to be some modern custom job.  There was a spring loaded shock absorbing buttstock on the marked a few years back.

The barrel is a 1969-70 Colt barrel that someone hacked off, and threaded the muzzle.  Note the muzzle is still in the white.  Have no idea why they tapped the stub that was cut off.  Suppose they were bored?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#10]
any ideas as to the origen of the stock?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

WOW! So, a guy with a lathe can really clean up, eh?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AR-15-Colt-Prototype-Stock-Rare_W0QQitemZ160045860027QQihZ006QQcategoryZ587QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It'll get removed, because he said "AR15". On eFag you need to be all like "Colt rifle", or "Colt Bushmaster armalite DPMS"
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top