Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 4:26:57 PM EDT
does anyone know who makes the best A2 carry handle for a flattop receiver? thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I got Bushmaster carry handle off the EE in a trade that is real nice.
I've heard DPMS has nice ones. I'd stay away from the cheapo ones from the discount dealer type places.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Another important factor to consider... Which ever make you decide to go for, be sure to get the correct height to match your FSB...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
what do you mean? i have a flattop 16" car with an A2 front sight . what different heights do they have for front sight s?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry handles come in two different heights... One is mil-spec and the other is commercial... Same goes for the FSB, one is stamped with the letter "F" and the other isn't... The one with the "F" stamp is mil-spec and has a .040" taller difference at the FSP shelf...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
ok i get it now, ooh rah
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I suggest getting the same CH that was made by the manufacturer of your upper/lower for best fit & blend of finish if possible
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Is your barrel a Bushmaster?  If so you won't find an "F" on the FSB, only a crown.  In addition to Bushmaster's carry handle (obviously), Rock River makes a detachable carry handle that is quality and should work with "F" or crown marked FSB's.  There is also the option of buying a taller front site post (about 8 bucks).  Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top