Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 1:05:23 PM EDT
has anyone ever bought that ammo 2000 rnds in 6 ammo boxes for 399.00? If so how was it packed and did it look good? is it the xm855pd stuff or diferent?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
came packed in two plastic bags 1000rds per bag and in two federal boxes (i think)

i am down to 400rds of it, i have yet to have any failures with it.  it was what i thought to be overpriced but,   i needed ammo cans and didn't know any better (ammo cans came in a separate box).  i am pleased with the ammo, but now i won't pay $400+ shiping for 2000rds of PD ammo and a few cans.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
came packed in two plastic bags 1000rds per bag and in two federal boxes (i think)

i am down to 400rds of it, i have yet to have any failures with it.  it was what i thought to be overpriced but,   i needed ammo cans and didn't know any better (ammo cans came in a separate box).  i am pleased with the ammo, but now i won't pay $400+ shiping for 2000rds of PD ammo and a few cans.  

it isnt to bad for that price with cans. did the ammo look decent? also when did you get yours and what years where on the headstamp?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I got 2000 rounds of it about 4 months ago and I just got down to my last 100 and not one bad round found amaizingly enouph. most of what I had were '03'.  The stuff a great deal with the 6 cans. I am about to place an order 2000 more right now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
bought my 2000rds about 7 months ago

02 headstamp.

looked good enough to load in the magazine and pull the chaging handle.  not sure what you want to know about the "look" of the ammo.  i guess now since many ammo sources are out of stock or have raised their prices, it doesn't look that expensive.  a few months ago mirage tech had xm855pd for around ~$340 per 2000 (there out now as well).
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top