Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 6:05:14 PM EDT
Does any one have experience with Gun Smoke Enterprises.  It is between this one and a RRA Entry Tactical.  Any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a bunch of places calling their ARs a M4.  How about more info so we can give you an honest answer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If your talking about the same guys gunsmoke is based pretty nearby me here in Fl. I met the owner at a gun show a couple of years back and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. Back then they were selling RRA's with some custom work done at pretty good prices (much cheaper than RRA's are now). I recently checked out their website and IIRC their prices were pretty high. I think they pretty much still just build kit guns. I dont think they manufacture anything. I would go RRA allthough they are basically kit guns as well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm rather new to AR's and have been reading this board for a short time.  I have noticed what you said about companies calling their guns M4's.  I like the look of the barrel profile of the "M4".  I am looking for a lightweight, quality carbine to throw rounds with.  I have a Rock River Elite Car but it is loaded up with pleanty of extras.  I have a Colt on order but the dealer only knows that it will be in sometime in the future (just planning to keep this one in the safe).
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/STANDARD%20M4%20A2%20CARBINE.htm
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA Entry Tactical =

But...it's not an M4 unless it's 1) made by Colt and 2) selective fire.

Around here all rifles that look the part but don't meet 1 and 2 above are commonly referred to as "m4gerys".
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Changed the M4 to M4gery on the topic.  Thanks for the pointer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
RRA Entry Tactical =

But...it's not an M4 unless it's 1) made by Colt and 2) selective fire.

Around here all rifles that look the part but don't meet 1 and 2 above are commonly referred to as "m4gerys".

I appreciate your opinion and I kinda sorta know what you are talking about, but my Colt is semi-auto, not selective fire, and it says "M4 Carbine" on the receiver where it was stamped at the factory.  So my M4 is in fact an M4 and is not an M4gery...not that it really matters though...but since you brought it up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope they have gotten better. I ordered an "M4" upper that was supposedly all Bushmaster from them probably 8 years ago. The upper I got was the wrong one, a 14.5 non civilian legal one as opposed to the 16 inch I ordered. Also none of the parts were Bushmaster, they were the non marked FN type stuff that was floating around. I called and left numerous messages and they refused to return my calls. I finally got the guys wife at the shop one day and they basically told me to screw off. I sold the upper to an LEO at a pretty big loss. This may have been a one time occurance but in my book they are crooks..
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#9]
No, yours really isn't a M4 , but don't feel bad, as long as it runs well, that is all that matters.  If it helps any, my Colts weren't real M4s either.  

In the big scheme of things, it really doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Go Rock River Arms!!! They are a known product that has a lifetime warranty and thousands of satisfied owners such as myself. Also, the resale value is there with the RRA, probably not as good resale picture with the other brand you mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Went to the store today.  The Entry Tactical was to simmilar to my Elite Car.  Handled the Gunsmoke and fell in love with it.  Great finish, light weigt, adjustable trigger, 14.5 barrel with a permanently attatched vortex, and rail on the handguard.  Needless to say that I came home with this on.  Being pleased with the last Rock River that I bought, I also came home with a 18" varminter along with several mags and accessories.  My next step is finding optics for the varminter.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No, yours really isn't a M4 , but don't feel bad, as long as it runs well, that is all that matters.  If it helps any, my Colts weren't real M4s either.  

In the big scheme of things, it really doesn't matter.

Sure it is.  Colt stamped it "M4 Carbine" on the receiver.  You are being ridiculous.  Is it a Military select-fire M4?  No.  Is it a M4?  Of course it is.  It says so on the gun.  I think Colt knows what the name of their own gun is.  And I am pretty sure I can read.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Allright guys I think he gets the point.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top