Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:11:07 PM EDT
i recently picked up a windham ar15 optics ready and am now looking for an optic.  I am looking for a red dot for around $200.   Im usually a leupold guy but  they dont offer anything in that price point.  I was looking at the vortex sparc, any other good options?
Thanks
I
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm happy with my Primary Arms Micro Dot. The Aimpoint T1 is worth the ~$500 extra if it's going on a home defense, etc. gun. But the Primary Arms will do as a stand-in.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Just be patient, save a couple hundred more bucks and pick up an aimpoint pro. Thats what I did. I was tempted
several times to give in and buy a vortex but I waited and am glad I did. The mount that comes with the PRO is pretty solid as well, maybe later on I will pick up a LaRue but for now it is great. I bought mine from a private seller for 380 bucks, it was brand new in the box and not a clone. You can pick them up for just over 400 from a dealer. Thats the best bargain.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:35:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be interested in any insight from anyone else as well on suggestions for budget optics
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The Bushnell TRS-25 is an excellent budget MRD with a very good rep.  Can be found for $100 or often less.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The Vortex Strikefire is solid for the price and retails for $169.  It can occasionally be found on sale for ~$130.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a NIB Bushnell trs-25 on eBay for $60 and change after reading positive recommendations here and other places...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Vortex Strikefire is solid for the price and retails for $169.  It can occasionally be found on sale for ~$130.

+1 for Vortex.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Strikefire at adorama.com for $149 backorderd but taking orders.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Bushnell TRS-25 is an excellent budget MRD with a very good rep.  Can be found for $100 or often less.

+1 for Bushnell trs-25.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
i enjoy my NcStar optics. My buddies have a couple of them too and all seem to hold up and are true to their aim
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just be patient, save a couple hundred more bucks and pick up an aimpoint pro. Thats what I did. I was tempted
several times to give in and buy a vortex but I waited and am glad I did.The mount that comes with the PRO is pretty solid as well, maybe later on I will pick up a LaRue but for now it is great. I bought mine from a private seller for 380 bucks, it was brand new in the box and not a clone. You can pick them up for just over 400 from a dealer. Thats the best bargain.

Im with ya on this... Ive had my share of "budget optics" over the years and opted to save up.  IMO I think it has a lot to do with what you're gonna use it for.  Weekend plinker go for a budget optic but read a lot of reviews and if possible try one out if someone has one.   There have been plenty of times I thought something was good til I went out and shot with it only to go home saying to myself im glad i didnt buy that crap.. I read a bunch of reviews on that Vortex and the quality control was just hit or miss outa the box.  

Ive read good things about the Primary Arms Micro Dot but never used one.

Burris FastFire Red-Dot Reflex Sight with Picatinny Mount ( 4 MOA Dot Reticle) just under 200 NEW

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top