Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 4:21:59 AM EDT
The bolt stop plunger will go in the hole just barely and then it's stuck and I have to pull it out with pliers.  Has anybody ever had this problem and what do I do about it?Should I try to polish the plunger or just order a new one?  What if it's the lower?  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure your buffer tube isnt too tight. Someone else can give you the dimensions for the hole and the plunger and you can mic them to find which one is out of spec. If it is the lower I would just polish the plunger until it fits.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the bolt catch not the buffer detent pin.  Thanks for the reply, though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I just had the same "issue" with the bolt catch itself. Polish it up with fine grit sandpaper til it fits smooth. Alway mod the cheap part.

Also make sure the roll pin slides easily through the hole in the bolt catch.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I should read better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just had the same "issue" with the bolt catch itself. Polish it up with fine grit sandpaper til it fits smooth. Alway mod the cheap part.

Also make sure the roll pin slides easily through the hole in the bolt catch.

Mike

Got it done.  Much obliged for the replies, fellas.  "mod the cheap part"  Yeahhhh.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#6]
what brand of LPK are you using?  I had the same problem, and it resulted in my bolt catch being ruined due to the bolt overriding it and chewing it up really badly.

fortunately, these parts can be ordered very cheaply from bushmaster, i'm just glad it didn't mess up my bolt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:31:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Tony's Custom Uppers LPK.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top