Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/26/2007 3:21:59 AM EST
The bolt stop plunger will go in the hole just barely and then it's stuck and I have to pull it out with pliers. Has anybody ever had this problem and what do I do about it?Should I try to polish the plunger or just order a new one? What if it's the lower? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:33:33 AM EST
Make sure your buffer tube isnt too tight. Someone else can give you the dimensions for the hole and the plunger and you can mic them to find which one is out of spec. If it is the lower I would just polish the plunger until it fits.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:38:48 AM EST
It's the bolt catch not the buffer detent pin. Thanks for the reply, though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:40:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 8:42:22 AM EST by mvician]
I just had the same "issue" with the bolt catch itself. Polish it up with fine grit sandpaper til it fits smooth. Alway mod the cheap part.

Also make sure the roll pin slides easily through the hole in the bolt catch.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:22:59 AM EST
Yeah I should read better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:31:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By mvician:
I just had the same "issue" with the bolt catch itself. Polish it up with fine grit sandpaper til it fits smooth. Alway mod the cheap part.

Also make sure the roll pin slides easily through the hole in the bolt catch.

Mike

Got it done. Much obliged for the replies, fellas. "mod the cheap part" Yeahhhh.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:35:22 PM EST
what brand of LPK are you using? I had the same problem, and it resulted in my bolt catch being ruined due to the bolt overriding it and chewing it up really badly.

fortunately, these parts can be ordered very cheaply from bushmaster, i'm just glad it didn't mess up my bolt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:31:51 AM EST
Tony's Custom Uppers LPK.
Top Top