Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:20:40 AM EST
make a long story short......was at the range....magazine was over inserted. Now the bolt catch flops in the breeze. The bolt catch plunger and spring are not operating as they should. I removed the bolt catch but the plunger and spring won't come out. How do I remove it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:14:29 AM EST
Have you tapped the receiver on your workbench? Blown it with compressed air? Tried anything?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:41:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2009 6:42:28 AM EST by Desert_AIP]
Sounds like you over compressed the boltcatch spring and a coil may have wrapped on itself so now the spring is permanently compressed.

Tap on the side as stated above with a block of wood and try to dislodge it.
if that doesn;t work you'll have to remover the roll pin.
If you remove the roll pin make sure to lubicate the bolt catch plunger when you reassemble it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:15:53 AM EST
yea i tried the block thing and it is just plain stuck. I am thinking the the spring has come up around the plunger and is preventing it from being raised past a certain point.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:48:11 AM EST
just thought i would let you all know that i fixed my problem. I kept spraying rem oil and wd-40 on the plunger while i had it depressed and i let it sit a while, then went back out to the garage and worked the plunger up and down. Did this about 4 times and finally it released. Thanks for trying to help me guys.
Top Top