Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2011 1:08:46 AM EDT
thinking of getting some lightweight gloves for action pistol and three gun tournaments out here in socal. looking for a glove that would do something similar to under armor in term of wicking away moisture and good grip. anyone got any recommendations or a favorite lightweight glove for shooting?
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been using a pair of mechanix padded palm with good results!
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I use mountain biking gloves.  They are fairly durable and will wick moisture.  I like full finger gloves with rubber on the fingers and without pads in the palms.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I've been looking outside of the box of "shooting gloves myself. Just tried out my open finger work out gloves by Harbinger and some good results with those. Thanks for the lead on biking gloves, I'll definitely take a look into those as well. Any specific brand you recommend?
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The brand won't make much of a difference.  I buy what ever is on the close out rack.  Just find something that's grippy and fits tight enough that dexterity isn't affected too much.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have found that golf gloves work well. Sturdy, grip well, & thin enough to provide feel.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using wide receiver's gloves for a number of years now. They have a very tacky palm and fingers. Great for rapid fire and maintaining control. They will NOT give you as much tactile feel as golf or batting gloves though so you may need to adjust. It can also be hard to find ones that aren't kinda "loud" in terms of colors. I also like batting gloves but they're not as tacky.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I do like my padded mechanix gloves while shooting my AR but I hate them when I'm shooting my XDm. I decided the middle ground was some Franklin batting gloves. They work well for both IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I just use the cheapie issue'd gloves.  I have a few pair of flight gloves but haven't needed to break them out yet.

Maybe driving gloves would be something to consider as well.  Or REI has some good shells during winter.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I occasionally use Zildjian or Easton Ahead drummer's gloves.  I hate wearing gloves when shooting pistol though.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Personally, I love my 5.11 Taclite 2 gloves.  I use them on duty more so then shooting but the gloves themselves are tight and feel like second skin.  The palm is made out of thin sheepskin leather and the back is neoprene.  Price is good too, I paid about $30 for them at Galls.com
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Mechanix FastFit (non-tactical) are cheap and you can buy a pair to try @ WallyWorld/ Tools section.
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Cheap, nomex aviators' gloves are what I have used almost exclusively for the past several years.  

I'm not a big glove fan in general, I don't like the loss of feeling and dexterity that comes with them, though I recognize they're necessary in some situations.  

The aviator gloves are thin, light, and fire resistant - I've used them for everything from removing relatively hot suppressors to moving burning logs in a burn barrel without any issues.  

They don't keep your hands terribly warm, though, if that's a concern.  But I far prefer them to any "tactical" gloves I've seen out there.  Way better than any other gloves the Army has ever issued me, including their new "tactical" gloves.  Except maybe for asbestos mittens.    

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:03:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Hadn't thought of golf gloves, that sounds like a really good idea. My biggest worry was the thickness and not having a good feel of the grip, thin driving gloves would be perfect. The Mechanix gloves sound cool too, but I'm used to golf gloves so I think that would work well for me. Thanks for all the responses and advice guys.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cheap, nomex aviators' gloves are what I have used almost exclusively for the past several years.  
~Augee

+1 on these.  I had my wife cut them at the wrists and sew them.  Far better than folding them down or just slicing them
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top