Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:39:39 AM EDT
they only stock the old crappy laquer coated stuff, and NOT the good polymer stuff. Just talked to them today about it and confirmed the above info.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:50:02 AM EDT
What's wrong with the laquer coated stuff?

It runs fine in my Busy's...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:44:16 AM EDT
some people have had a lot of problems with the laquer melting and gumming up the gun. The polymer stuff doesnt do that. I'll try a mag in my gun and see what happens. If it causes me problems, i'd be more then glad to sell the stuff to you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:12:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By the-fly:
some people have had a lot of problems with the laquer melting and gumming up the gun. .

Yeah people have been saying that for years. But you know something, you can heat one of the cases up with a propane torch and the laquer won't melt. Now if it's not melting from a torch how will it melt in your chamber?

It's more a case of some problems with the dimension of peoples chambers and the elasticity of steel vs brass.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:59:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:
What's wrong with the laquer coated stuff?

Jams the $hit out of my gun. The laquer isn't slick enough to chamber a single round. Won't touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:04:30 PM EDT
I love the lacquer coated stuff cause people are so afraid of it that I can get it dirt cheap. Works great in everything I shoot it thru.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:56:09 PM EDT
its the red sealent around the bullet that gums up the chambers when it gets hot.
Top Top