Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2018 3:48:06 PM EDT
would like to hear some opinions on Athlon's line of optics-From the users- Not the usual manufactuer's hipe thanx!    TG
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had this one for a while:

Athlon Argos BTR

Until I sold it to a friend that needed a decent scope.

Very functional, adequate glass, tracked fine for me. Shot it out to 700 yards using my sort of trainer 5.56 rifle.

It was kind of like a budget partner to my Vortexs with the EBR-2c reticles.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a talos 1-4x for a bit wasnt daylight bright but clear glass decent turrets and cheap.   would buy again for a budget rifle. Used it to shoot out to 400 yards a few times
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two of the Talos 1-4x on 5.56 rifles. Great glass, very little fisheye effect at 1x (way better than the Primary 1-8x I sent back), no noticeable edge distortion, click values are accurate and consistent. I'm very happy with them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Athlon Midas 4.5x-27X on a rimfire..
Glass is very good and tracks well.... so far I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve owned a Cronus for almost a year now. 4.5-29x56 with the updated reticle. Seriously other than the turrets, it’s Razor Gen II quality through and through. Some features are better IMO.  Anyone that says otherwise has NOT used and tested both.

I’m not an Athlon fan. I’m an Athlon Cronus fan. The Ares is great quality and features, but the Cronus 1-6x24 and 4.5-29x56 are extremely high quality Japanese pieces. Lower end Athlon models are just like lower end Vortex models IMO....Chinese junk.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top