Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:16:32 AM EDT
Bouhgt a guys collection this week and have a Galil 323 .308 . Anyone know anything bout this?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I owned one once, nice AK style .308, probably the best AK style rifle out there (based on Valmets lowers).
Lots of trick options- night sites, bipod, FN FAL style folding stock, bottle opener, etc.
Built like a tank

But.....

Still an AK style rifle, one can only expect so much accuracy from them, not a "precision rifle"...
beats the hell out of brass...
recoil while not terrible, a bit rough with the folding metal stock
Mags hard to find and $$$$

I traded it off for a M1A NM and was glad I did.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have experience with galils (mostly 5.56 but some with 308) from previous work in Latin America. My impression of them is that they are very AK like except probably not as rugged- malfunctions and parts breakage were common. I will say that a real galil esp.in 308 is somewhat of a rare find, so it definitely has collector/enthusiast value.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top