Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:03:54 AM EDT
they seem to have really good prices on their varmint uppers.  Wanted to get the 16"they offer.  Just wondering, they name the barrel maker: E.R. Shaw.

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
e.r. shaw is supposedly good.

i have the jt distributing varmint in 20" preferred it over model 1 or m&a

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
e.r. shaw is supposedly good.

i have the jt distributing varmint in 20" preferred it over model 1 or m&a

would a 16" be significantly less accurate than the same in 20"?

lol, we all know M&A isn't even an option
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
my recon is more accurate than my varmint imo and its a 16"

but that has more to do with the barrel than the length

i know for sure that with a longer barrel you get more muzzle vel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought an ER Shaw 20" fluted HBAR from Model 1.  Just barrel, gas block, barrel nut, and that metal thing that goes on the front of the handguards.  Assembled it to upper and FF and it did pretty good.  I could barely see my target (~7pm under trees) so I think the groups will improve.  They were polite to deal with, had the item in stock and shipped the next day.  The gas block does appear to be cast aluminum, the surface appears rough.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Yes I own one, I've had it for about two years. It runs perfectly and have been very satisfied with their service when I ordered it. I haven't put a good scope on it yet but with a red dot it did ok . I'm still waiting on that "good deal" on a scope.

Get ready for the anti-Model one sales group to follow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
i have bought a stock from them,

pretty decent shipping, nice person on the other line but i didnt like how shipping needs to be guesstimated.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of there 20 inch varmit uppers, I like it and have had no problems. You'll probably get a lot of people telling you to stay away from Model 1 but ask them which model they have and how long they have had it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#8]
They guess at shipping, i have UPS worldship at work, just put in weight and zipcode and there it is, nothing hard about it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the replies.

a few of the reasons I would order from them, is:

1. I'd probably get it the next day, since they're not too far from where I live.

2. They have a decent rep with the texas crew.

just really wanted to know how accurate/well-built the E.R. shaw barrels were.

-mark
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
my recon is more accurate than my varmint imo and its a 16"

whatever man, I shot your recon and it aint any good.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top