Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2003 11:36:04 AM EDT
Can a flip aperture be sucessfully installed in a ARMS 40 sight. Bushmaster says they can but looking at the photo of the aperture and my sight I wonder. Any other suggetions. My application is IPSC 3-gun and I like the idea of using the large (Hugh) aperture for close range hosing and flipping to a small aperture for longer range steel.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2003 6:05:20 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
I believe the aperature on the #40 IS a standard flip aperature. One aperature they use has a flat open top (or something like that) on one of the peeps. The #40STANDARD (or whatever they call it) uses the same flip aperature part as found on regular A2 sights. I could be a little fuzzy on this but that's the jist of it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:09:17 PM EDT
Somebody at Bushmaster doesn't know what the f*ck he's talking about. As stated above, it COMES with a "flip" type aperture. Sales rule No. 1 (especially around here): KNOW wtf you're selling.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:21:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:17:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2003 10:08:50 PM EDT by Zardoz]
Originally Posted By Troy:
Originally Posted By Zardoz: Somebody at Bushmaster doesn't know what the f*ck he's talking about. As stated above, it COMES with a "flip" type aperture. Sales rule No. 1 (especially around here): KNOW wtf you're selling.
View Quote
Where did you get that? Bushmaster said that they (or he) could replace the existing aperture with an A2 aperture, which is correct. I don't see where they made any suggestion that the aperture it comes with is NOT a flip aperture. -Troy
View Quote
You must have misread my post. My point was that since it already comes with a flip-type aperture, it should be pretty obvious that one may be installed. I never stated anything about a non-flip aperture.
Top Top