Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 3:57:11 AM EDT
Anyone considered cutting down the portion of a SIR which covers the top of the receiver? In other words, making it into a RAS II clone, leaving just enough space to mount an ACOG directly to the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
why would you want to?
it would be cheaper to sell it and buy a RAS II.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The RAS II is also cheaper than the SIR.  Why would you want to take the chance of possibly compromising the stability of the SIR when there is a cheaper solution in the RAS II?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]

I agree, if you want a RAS II get a RAS II.  Don't mess with the SIR!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask DevL to try it first. If it doenst work, he'll just send it back to ARMS and say it was defective to begin with.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ask DevL to try it first. If it doenst work, he'll just send it back to ARMS and say it was defective to begin with.
View Quote

[lolabove]    [rofl]    [lol]

[peep]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah it's just too bad ARMS and Trijicon don't team up to make an ACOG that mounts at the right height on a SIR.  The SIR is a nice system and

I like the uninterrupted top rail and the way the #40 really looks integral to the unit.

Well as long as I'm on the wish list it would be great if KAC released the URX soon also. (like before I build my next upper : ) )
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I was considering chopping the OTHER END of a RAS2 or SIR for use on a R0633, but don't have the funds to be guinea-pigging items of that value.   Might be a good photoshop experiment!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I am about to (or at least very seriously considering) chop the front end of one for a project upper.

Neil, :(  not very nice (astute, but not nice)

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Im sorry, jabs like that, while not completely out of character, are also not completely normal for me either.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:44:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes the truth hurts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top