BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:14:22 PM EDT
Picked up a 720 rd can of Radway green '92  in strippers and bandoleers locally

add to my 4000 rds of IMI 55 gn,
750 rounds of WWB back when china mart had em in 50 round boxes not the "bargain" 40 rounder

960 rounds of LC .30-06
1500 rounds of FN 7.62
600 rounds of 7.62 hirtenberger

200 rounds of buckshot
75 rounds of slugs

uncounted hunting ammo
1000s of .22 shells

and if shit really goes south I have 100 rounds of 7.35 carcano for a rifle only dropped once.

(I know I can't compare to you real ammo whores for whom I'm set for at least a week or two.)

SoS
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
and if shit really goes south I have 100 rounds of 7.35 carcano for a rifle only dropped once.

How'd you get a WWII french rifle? (Old joke I know)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:57:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Jim,

Congrats, that is a new joke to me!  

I have a hard time in believing a frenchman would pick up any rifle when it counted!

SoS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a body builder friend who was Italian-American.  We were discussing work out routines, when I asked him if he had ever done the WW2 Italian military exercise program.  He asked how hard it was, so I raised both arms overhead and just stood there.  Then he "got it".

Paladin

and BTW not very many Frenchmen fought using the Carcano, BECAUSE it was an Italian made rifle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, I didn't quite get the french connection either.  Only thing I  can come up with is neither country can win a war w/o someone holding their hand.

I told that to a college friend who was off the boat Italian and was a Paratuisti back in the home country.  He didn't think it was funny.  He made a good US Marine after though, so he's alright in my book.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How'd you get a WWII french rifle? (Old joke I know)

I thought the Carcano was Italian.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#6]
It is Italian, made in 6.5 (I think) and 7.35mm.  Made in pre WWII days.  A real high quality rifle, just ask the Kennedy's.    I shouldn't joke like that, probably the source for all the dem's hatred of firearms.  Actually they're really clunky and have really bad triggers and difficult to use safeties.  You can kinda tell the quality as no one really wants these things.  

They're loaded by a single stack en bloc clip if that's the right term.  The clip is a c shaped clamp more like the garand clips and not the typical style stripper that grasps the extractor groove.

SoS

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top