Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 1:18:15 AM EDT
Is the accuracy of a 24" Heavy-Barrel (Bushmaster NM) affected by the use of a pre-ban threaded flash hider (A2)? Is there a flash hider or muzzle brake that I should get for better accuracy?

I don't want to miss this AWB sunset opportunity but I also don't want to screw up the accuracy a whole lot.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not. While you're at it, have your barrel cut down to 20 inches, you don't hardly get any more velocity beyond that anyway.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I read that you get about ~100 fps more with that extra 4" (1 in 9 twist). It's not a lot, but for $10 more you get that extra 4". I don't think you can say that for a lot of things in real life.
I made my mistake with my first rifle in getting a 16" barrel instead of 20".

So the A2 hider won't affect bullet accuracy a whole lot (from 100yd to 500yd)?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen top hi power shooters at the 600 yard line with A2 flash suppressors. No big deal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Jack!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top