Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:05:04 PM EDT
Well, I finally did it. I purchased a NIB LE 6920. I LOVE IT!! I put an EOTech 512 on the top got a slew of Pmags. Sunday I am going to shoot it. I will post pictures soon. I always said I would never buy a Colt. I am eating my own words, but it is great. I have one question. I bought a single rail for the bottom of the handguard (I am not one who wants to load up on accessories) but there is a double heat shield without mounting holes. What do I do?

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You are pretty well stuck.  No good way to work on a Colt double heat shield guard without bending or breaking the glue or tabs.

I have a 6920 and have a KAS M4 rail, but do not use it anymore (want one for a good price) and that is one way to go

OR

Get a Bushmaster fat M4 guard set as it only has 1 liner and they pop out so you can screw things in and put the liner back in (I did this) and the HG fits TIGHT on my Colt.........even much tighter than the factory Colt guards.  I put a Harris light bipod under my guards and it works super well and is much lighter.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top