Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 11:14:12 AM EDT
Hey guys, I have a M4 with a Wilson barrell and I want to put a real flash hider and bayo lug on it so that I may slap it on my lower the day after the ban dies(let's not discuss if it will or not in this thread pls).  My question is, that it already has a fake flash hider where the barrel extends thru.  The entire barrel length it 16.1", but if I have the flash hider taken off, it would only be around 14.5" or so.  Can I just have a A2 flash hider welded on and keep it from being a SBR, or what to do?  I want the real flash hider, and I want the total length to stay the same.

Thanks,
Eric
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
yea just have the fake removed and the new one welded on.  i would put on a phantom or vortex
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
A2 flash hider alone plus the 14.5" barrel is too short. there is a spacer nut that you would have to add that will put it at 16".

You also might want to check on your current barrel length because from what you said earlier, it sounds like your barrel is actually 16" but your thinking it might really be 14.5"....I have a fake FS but actual barrel is 16" but the FFS is pressed on 'over' the barrel no taking any length out.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I certainly hope the ATF isn't considering the ownership of a flash hider to constitute "conversion parts" in the same way M16 parts do.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks thats good info.  My current barrel is 16.1" total with the fake flash hider pressed over the barrel.  Maybe I'll just leave it alone and get another upper.

Thanks,
Eric
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]
The BAN Is never going to Die and anyone that thinks it is has Lost their Mind !!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]
The BAN Is never going to Die and anyone that thinks it is has Lost their Mind !!!!!
View Quote
[/b]

I guess then I have lost my mind, as everything I read points to no "new" AWB (as we know the current ban dies in Sept. 2004 regardless what happens).  I am sticking with what House Majority Leader Tom Delay says.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#8]
We don't have our pre-ban in our hands. Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

[rolleyes] the ban WILL die, that is how it is written.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know if the Wilson Barrel fake flashhider can be removed to allow a new front sight with bayo lug to be installed?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top