Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:21:27 PM EDT
I bought a new BCG(DD) for my AR after selling the one it came with(RRA), so when I receive my new BCG, should I soak it?
I read the thread about using Mobil1 Oil, what do you guys think?  And once soaked, should I let it drip and install or tap it dry?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I soak mine down with Slip 2000 or CLP. I run all mine soaking wet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:17:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing magical about lubing it. You could use anything. A  CLP like Breakfree or Weaponsheild  is a good starting point. Nothing magical about Mobil one. You could use  Kroger brand oil in the white bottle that says OIL and you will be served just as well. The issue is to just put  some lube on it. What you use  is an after thought. WD
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#3]
wetter is better.  
lube points
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanx!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot mine a little bit ago and lubed it.  I didn't get it soaking wet though.  Put a coat on the bolt, firing pin and carrier that was visible but not dripping wet.  Enough to run it through my fingers and feel that it was lubed.  Carrier for the same coat on the outside and put a little extra on where it rides along the rails when you pull it back.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top