Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 2:31:00 PM EDT
Hi Guys, I'm plan on buying EO Tech pretty soon and found out it came with two differest type of battery such as Type N or AA. Which one of one of those are the best??? Thanks!
BTW, Who do we get a best deal? (EOTech sight)
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Support AR-15.com's "Equipment Exchange".

While you're at it you could support a local Virginia dealer, who supports the board.

Grant carries every kind of Eotech made and is very knowledgeable about the entire line.

Grant is a great guy.

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=166974&w=searchPop]Click here[/url]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I highly recommend the 552!  Also using Lithium AA batteries will give you the longest battery life possible, 500-800 hours!

As far as where to buy, check the Equipment Exchange forums, theres a lot of good dealers there.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the N battery 552 because it is considerably shorter.  The AA model is just too big.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got the N battery 552 because it is considerably shorter.  The AA model is just too big.

Bill3508
View Quote

Too big in what way? The "N" version is 1" shorter.

I can see if you're mounting an EO Tech directly to the upper receiver, having the EO Tech 1" further forward doesn't hurt. But, if you are mounting the sight where it was to be mounted - as far forward as possible like on an FF RAS, the extra inch doesn't matter.

If you can mount the EO Tech on a FF RAS, I can't see why anyone would want to get the "N" version. AA batteries are easier to come buy and, as Yojimbo mentioned, the battery life is considerably better. The "N" version has an average battery life of 150 hours. You'll be buying far less batteries if you go with the AA model. That's why I chose it myself.

BTW, if you're using AA batteries, you should get lithium for maximum battery. They round $6 pr/$11 for 4 at Wally World.  

[img]http://home.insightbb.com/~toneboy2000/images/04_ar15_001.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't found better prices than what greenmountainpatriot offers.

I'd whip him an email at [email protected] for pricing.

Thats where I ordered mine and the price and quick service were awesome.

BTW...another vote for the 552 AA version!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Matt-B...

IS the FF Ras similar to the Oly FIRSH in the way that it mounts?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
....I can see if you're mounting an EO Tech directly to the upper receiver, having the EO Tech 1" further forward doesn't hurt....
View Quote

I've got my 552 (AA battery model) mounted using the last notch in the upper receiver.  So there is NO receiver mounting advantage with the N model.  Note I'm doing this using a standard upper handguard - you couldn't do it with an M4 upper handguard.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got a 552 model from GG&G for %342.00. That was the best price I found. There web site is GGGAZ.com
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top