Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 9:50:47 PM EDT
http://www.jointogether.org/gv/news/alerts/reader/0,2061,565712,00.html

CRC
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
This is not good. We had better get writing our Senators.

The libs know that it would be very difficult to ban "assault weapons" that are already in our possision, but I fear that a ban on hi-cap mags could be right around the corner. Making all existing pre-ban mags illegal, and requiring confiscation might be easier than we think.

We had better stay on our toes.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.jointogether.org/gv/news/alerts/reader/0,2061,565712,00.html[/url]

Saw it in general. Im gonna post it on another board too (battlerifles.com). Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
LMAO! The stricter it is, the more ridiculous it becomes. My favorite line, The Lautenberg bill would address these concerns, with measures including a redefinition of the term "assault weapon" to include any semiautomatic rifle, shotgun, or pistol that can accept a detachable magazine and includes one listed additional assault feature such as a pistol grip, fore-end grip, or collapsible stock. This crucial improvement recognizes the characteristics that make an assault weapon especially lethal.
Yeah, the bullets themselves have nothing to do with the lethality, the pistol grip is what does it. [rolleyes] It gets even more blatantly misguided when it goes on to say that 1 in every five officers killed in the line of duty are killed by AWs. That may be to them since everything except a bolt action rifle or a revolver is an AW. [stick]
How do these people keep political positions? What blatant stupidity. Man, I need a beer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything used to assault another person is an "assault weapon".

As 2IDdoc pointed out, the term AW is a joke.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Most gun control terminology is.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
[rant]

I wonder how long it will be until one of the people lobbying for such gun control makes a little Freudian slip like "This gun control bill will make our streets safer.. Gun control is the best way.. just ask Hitler, and Stalin and Lenin and... and.. oh, shit."

It's just a matter of time until either they get total gun control and we all die, or are disarmed, which is the same thing, or the gun control advocates slip like this and then everyone finally sees their real agenda.

[/rant]

This is Lee signing off, good night!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:03:49 AM EDT
[#7]
One of every five law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty are killed with assault weapons
View Quote

WTF? This is news to me! When did this start to happen? F*cking liberals

Tropic
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys, have you read the text of the bill? It is exactly the same as HR2038.

You know, the McCarthy bill that bans the M1 Garand, Mini-14, M-1 carbine, requires pre-ban mags be "certified" by the AG, bans most semi-auto shotguns and rifles?

I don't know what lala land the Dems are living in; but it looks like they are going to take a serious shot at passing McCarthy's bill over Feinstein's.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The problem,
Is that you have two guys from Jersey, that want to dictate what all of us in the U.S. should think and do. This bill will die. If they want to make policy for N.J., go into the N.J. senate. I am in Florida and I don't care what these two think or want.
Saying that I will start writing my reps and telling them the same thing.

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#10]
One of every five law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty are killed with assault weapons
View Quote

Just an unscientific set of facts for the dumb ass gun haters. Since 1894 45 officers have been killed in the line of duty in Memphis TN.
20 were shot by persons other than police officers.
2 were shot by other officers
1 stabbed
1 beaten after being held hostage

21 killed in automobile or motorcycle accidents.

I am sure that it is the same in other cities across the nation. If these "public servants" in Washington want to do something to make the country safer, how about making education a priority.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#11]
So who do guys think will win in the end:

Feinstein or Lautenberg??

CRC
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's just a matter of time until either they get total gun control and we all die, or are disarmed, which is the same thing, or the gun control advocates slip like this and then everyone finally sees their real agenda.

View Quote

Lee,  everyone already knows thier real agenda!  They have admitted this in public on several occasions.

one example:

Ban Aid
The real point of the "assault weapon" law
[url]www.reason.com/sullum/050903.shtml[/url]
In 1996 Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer, who favors banning gun possession by civilians, conceded that the arguments advanced by supporters of the "assault weapon" ban were "laughable." The "only real justification" for the law, he said, "is not to reduce crime but to [b]desensitize the public to the regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation." [/b]
emphasis mine

Here's what we are up against.

50% of US Senators, 45% of US Congressmen, 90% of all other countries, and 95% of the American media believe that the US citizens (that's me and you) should be disarmed.  On top of that, 75% of the US citizens don't care one way or the other.  They will never care until [b]we[/b] are disarmed and then the SWHTF and it will be TEOTWAWKI.  Then it will be too late.

The only advantage we have....we still have our guns!

[url=http://users.zoominternet.net/~pcfitz]P.I.G.S.[/url]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#13]
New Jersey..... It figures...

I left that commie state for a reason.. and now they are trying to go national with their warped sense of reality. Time to send more letters.

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#14]
They can introduce anything they want it has to pass both houses before the president can sign it and delay in the house is gonna let it sunset the bill is gonna die,most democrats will admit that they dont even want to take up the gun control topic because it is a career ending stance for many of them,there was an article in the washington post that suported that also,the only place these liberals can keep their jobs is in liberal states where gun ownership is alot less so the anti gunners have more support the facts on gun ownership will prevail and the ban will sunset.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#15]
This is the Senate version of HR 2038. The bill must pass the House, Senate and be signed before it can be law. So of course it had to be introduced in the Senate at some time.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Remember what Bush said- that he supported the existing ban. I realize that he doesn't give a damn about our rights, but it still seems dubious that he would sign this crackhead version of renewal.

Now the Feinstein/Schumer one...
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#17]
It has been posited on awbansunset.com that these two "radical" bills are intended to act as a diversion, and lessen resistance to the more "moderate" Feinstein/Schumer Senate bill, which is the one they see as having the best chance of passage.

When you call or write your congresspeople, make it abundantly clear that you oppose ANY assault weapon ban, be it in the form of new legislation or making the current ban permanent. Make sure that you're heard LOUD and CLEAR, EARLY and OFTEN.

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I like this part:

[b]"Assault weapons are weapons of war. They are designed to hose down individuals with a spray of lethal bullets. They have no place in a civil society," noted John Johnson, IPGV's executive director.[/b]

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top