Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 12:28:38 PM EDT
Cool board & site.

I have a post-ban colt AR15, looking to buy the Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf upper. Should it be a simple swap.

Has anyone here used this caliber on Moose?

Thanks for your input.
Bill
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
BillF: I've had one for a year that I put on a DPMS stainless lower but haven't done anything with it but punch paper. Intended use is moose and backup/carry for growlers.
From what I read they should function on any functional lower.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I sold a 16" OverMatch upper to a hunter in Georgia that was going to use it on wild Boar.  He haven't replied on it's effectiveness but I would imagine it might be slight overkill, maybe not.  The uppers are direct replacements on mil-spec type AR15 lower receivers.  My only complaint is the cost of factory ammunition even at dealer cost.

I stock both complete guns and the O/M upper.  Shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have any loading data for the 50 Beowolf other than the one load for each bullet weight that Alexander Arms puts out.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top