Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2011 2:25:40 PM EDT
Hi is there any builders who make a .357 sig upper???
I have Muches od ammo so would like a upper.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Ron Williams here on the boards, he can set you up with what ever you want and it will be DI/Gas and not blowback. I have shot one of his 10.5" 357 sig uppers and it was a screamer and dinging steel out to 200yds was fun
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Contact Ron Williams here on the boards, he can set you up with what ever you want and it will be DI/Gas and not blowback. I have shot one of his 10.5" 357 sig uppers and it was a screamer and dinging steel out to 200yds was fun

Ron's screen name is ronaldmwilliams
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 5:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

DI/gas operation is the only way to go with this one. We were running the 88g Rem HPs @ just over 2100fps that day. Those bullets turned to dust on impact with the steel
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Ron built me one with a 9" barrel, Vltor FS, LaRue railed tube, etc. It is used with a Lone Wolf lower and Glock 31 mags. Mine is a pistol right now but is an obvious candidate for SBR.

Gregg

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
ron, what do you use for a bolt? is it something along the lines of an oly 40 S&W bolt with a standard key for DI? i have been toying with the idea of building one. just don't want to break the bank. thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Olyt's .40 S&W bolts are fixed, do not rotate and have no locking lugs. Will not work for a DI setup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#7]
got it. kind of obvious when i looked at it. so is ron the only guy who has bolts? and do you use a standard carrier?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DI/gas operation is the only way to go with this one. We were running the 88g Rem HPs @ just over 2100fps that day. Those bullets turned to dust on impact with the steel

Ron is the man here - no doubts - no competition

People tried blowback and well - they ended up with torn up uppers, messed up bolts and the cases looked like 40 cal afterwards.

DI is the only way!
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ron built me one with a 9" barrel, Vltor FS, LaRue railed tube, etc. It is used with a Lone Wolf lower and Glock 31 mags. Mine is a pistol right now but is an obvious candidate for SBR.

Gregg

http://homepage.mac.com/greggg/AR_pistol_right.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/greggg/AR_pistol_left.jpg

That upper turned out nice

Quoted:
got it. kind of obvious when i looked at it. so is ron the only guy who has bolts? and do you use a standard carrier?

I open bolts for this conversion. The 6.8 bolt would work but i have had better luck cutting my own. All the parts are stock AR15. Only custom part is the gas tube. if you run a glock lower the carrier will need to be cut to clear the mag. I built one using stens up front. Feeding was 100% right out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
This has piqued my interest! I'd like to use the Sten mags if possible and probably on a pistol lower like the guy above.  

I looked at ballisticsbytheinch.com and it seems that 357Sig reaches peak velocities at ~14-15" of barrel length. Longer it starts to slow down a bit. Guess I could get a carbine 16" upper and cut it back to 14.5" or so and perm attach a longer FH (like a Surefire or similar). Actually, 14.5 would perfectly split the difference between 14" and 15"!

Will Ron cut the barrel back and perm attach a customer's FH? I'm assuming he builds them too. Would the 357Sig work from the curved 7.62x25 PPsH mags?
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This has piqued my interest! I'd like to use the Sten mags if possible and probably on a pistol lower like the guy above.  

I looked at ballisticsbytheinch.com and it seems that 357Sig reaches peak velocities at ~14-15" of barrel length. Longer it starts to slow down a bit. Guess I could get a carbine 16" upper and cut it back to 14.5" or so and perm attach a longer FH (like a Surefire or similar). Actually, 14.5 would perfectly split the difference between 14" and 15"!

Will Ron cut the barrel back and perm attach a customer's FH? I'm assuming he builds them too. Would the 357Sig work from the curved 7.62x25 PPsH mags?

I can build one any way you want. The 16' brls will only pick up 30fps+or- over a 14.5" brl.
I have not played with the 7.62x25 PPsH mags. Tried the sig out of the pps43s & they worked. Just wasent 100% & never realy looked at why. Mabe a midwell setup would work better with the pps.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Could one of Ron's 357sig uppers work with modified Uzi mags? I have a dedicated CMMG 9mm lower that I would like to use. I would really love a .357 magnum ar15 carbine but the rimmed case wont work. Can the 357sig get close to 357mag carbine performance?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I open bolts for this conversion. The 6.8 bolt would work but i have had better luck cutting my own. All the parts are stock AR15. Only custom part is the gas tube. if you run a glock lower the carrier will need to be cut to clear the mag. I built one using stens up front. Feeding was 100% right out of the box.

i like also to build a .357sig conversion. my problem is, that i live in switzerland and so i can't send anything to ron.
ron, would you tell me what will be "custom" on your gas tubes and how large is the gas port dia.
i am also curios about the mags. will normal 9mm colts with 9mm mag adapter (like hahn or spikes) work?

thanks for your help
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I have one of Ron's 357 sig uppers that is both left handed and suppressed.  It is the funnest thing to shoot I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Could one of Ron's 357sig uppers work with modified Uzi mags? I have a dedicated CMMG 9mm lower that I would like to use. I would really love a .357 magnum ar15 carbine but the rimmed case wont work. Can the 357sig get close to 357mag carbine performance?

I have a couple uzi mags converted to feed the sig. Bigest issue is a DI/gas operated upper needs the feed ramp/mag lowered to clear the bolt/carrier.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i like also to build a .357sig conversion. my problem is, that i live in switzerland and so i can't send anything to ron.
ron, would you tell me what will be "custom" on your gas tubes and how large is the gas port dia.
i am also curios about the mags. will normal 9mm colts with 9mm mag adapter (like hahn or spikes) work?

thanks for your help

email me. Mags needed to have the follower moded to hold the 40/sig. Would love to get my hands on some RRA 40 mags.
Ramp in the block & mags need to be lowered. Stens with a block in the back work very well. Very easy mag mod.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top