Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 10:15:39 PM EDT
Forgive my ignorance, but what all is needed for a .22lr conversion? according to www.22lrconversions.com all I need is the Ciener conversion unit, which is just a bolt/carrier and a magazine. Is that all thats needed? Seems too simple. Thanks.

Jake
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:51:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Simple but true.
Its all you need.

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
And a 22lr has enough power to reliably cycle the action?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The .22 kit completely replaces the .223 bolt/carrier with its own parts. It doesn't use the .223 buffer at all, so you could actually use a folding stock like an ACE (assuming you have a preban) with the .22 kit installed. As soon as you see one it'll make sense to you.

These kits are loads of fun.. highly recommended, but be prepared to try a few types of ammo to see what works best. Start with high-velocity jacketed Remington..

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Great, thanks for the info!

Jake
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes mine doesnt cock the hammer. But Im using walmart cheepy bulk .22's and it usually only happens after a couple hundred rounds. Not a big problem at all.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top