Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2014 9:52:04 AM EDT
Anyone have any suggestions on a lower to use for a .22LR SBR build? Yes, I know any lower works just fine, but I am looking for something a little unique. If possible, I would like to have it marked as a .22LR too.

This will be a dedicated .22LR lower, so it will have a Nib coated hammer, buffer plug, etc...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.polymer80.com/Polymer80-G150-Lower-and-Jig-System_p_377.html

Just no bayonet practice.

ETA:  Sorry, missed that you would SBR it.  You might do a aluminum 80%, and engrave it for .22"LR.  Or there's this:

http://www.theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html

That would hold up to bayonet practice, & add a bit of weight to your .22"LR build.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have any suggestions on a lower to use for a .22LR SBR build? Yes, I know any lower works just fine, but I am looking for something a little unique. If possible, I would like to have it marked as a .22LR too.

This will be a dedicated .22LR lower, so it will have a Nib coated hammer, buffer plug, etc...

Thanks!
View Quote

Have you looked into the billet receivers that are available?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think anyone currently makes on marked 22LR. Spikes made some a few years ago. You might be able to find a used one.

You could also have the 22LR marking added when you do the sbr engraving.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Tactical Machining has a 22 LR marked lower, currently listed as out of stock. Stag makes a 22 LR marked lower for the Connecticut market. They do list it as a tactical lower half, ban compliant for CT. Call stag and see if they will sell it out of state as a stripped receiver. In CT., we cannot buy it as a stripped receiver.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're going to SBR it you'll have to have  you info & the caliber engraved on it anyway, so just find s lower marked "multi" that you like,I just got finished with a 40 S&W and 300 blk SBR and that is what I did.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
APG Arms used to make a .22lr marked SBR lower. You might give them a call to confirm if they still make one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently lowers headed to the People's Republic of Connecticut have to be marked .22"LR.  Might sniff around for AWB compliant lowers.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top