BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:00:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it is great. Locks in place good and stays on during extended fire. The post is held in with a small pin, same as the A2
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
great thanks abunch
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have one and it is great. Locks in place good and stays on during extended fire. The post is held in with a small pin, same as the A2

+1
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Rough,

I have the YHM rail mounted front on my "YHM" rifle.  This rifle has the YHM front (quad rail mounted sight) and rear (A2 style) BUIS, YHM M/L quad rail and the YHM Harris Bi-Pod mount.

It is a RRA A4 upper and standard lower.

This one rifle gets a lot of looks and questions at the range.  It has an EOTech on top.  I could have sold it many times, one shooter had his check book out....

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't recommend using a big ass screwdriver to tighten these sights onto the rail...I just found out the hard way that's NOT a good idea .

I snapped the end off, with about 1/4" of the end still screwed into the other side.  I had one of those "oh shit, there's $70 down the drain" moments, but I took a little drill bit and backed it out.  Time to order a new screw.

Guess this one really is "hand tighten only".  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Fenian,

I forgot to mention, I have changed all of the big screws to smaller Allen socket head of the same pitch and diameter, I think they are 10-24's.  Cut down to the right length and cold blued.  Dab of service removable Loctite.

I do not like those big screws hanging out.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Great guys this sounds like a good way to go
the replacement screw idea is a great one I may have to try that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Timely topic as I was planning on ordering one of these.  Thanks for the info and the tips!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Fenian,

I forgot to mention, I have changed all of the big screws to smaller Allen socket head of the same pitch and diameter, I think they are 10-24's.  Cut down to the right length and cold blued.  Dab of service removable Loctite.

I do not like those big screws hanging out.

77Bronc

apparently this has been a recurring problem, so much so that they went to a larger screw for this sight, about 4 months after it came out.  I talked to YHM today...I had just ordered something last night, right before I broke this screw, so I called this am and they're hooking me up with a replacement allen screw that replaces the old thumb screw.  

BTW, for anyone who's interested, they have the gas block/flip up sight towers back in stock...EVERYONE has been out of these for the last several weeks...so I picked up another one of those.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:22:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Great info thank you
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#11]
does anyone sell those replacement allen head screws????  I would buy YHM sights if I could use an allen head....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]
YHM is QUALITY stuff a First Class Operation.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
does anyone sell those replacement allen head screws????  I would buy YHM sights if I could use an allen head....

For those interested in allen screws vs thumb screws. The correct screw for the YHM flip front and rear sights (YHM-9584, 9627, 9680,9680-A1)would be a 10-32 by 1 3/16" which is hard to find but a standard 10-32 by 1 1/4" is available in most hardware stores for about 10 cents.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top