Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:41:11 AM EDT
I baught my first AR last weekend. I read the manual that came with it and it explains how to zero it for 300 m with a target at 25m. The problem is that the range i go to only has 50y and 100y targets. How would i use one of these to get a 300m battle sight? Any info would be appreciated.http://images3.pictiger.com/images/9c/3aa2c3dcbd1514b2fb5b462e16d1c49c.jpg
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Your answer-Maryland improved battle sight....kinda.

This is a good link, you'll be able to sight in at 50 yards and be pretty damn close all the way out to 200 yards.  It makes the numbers on the dial mean something.  300 yards is for match shooters.  If your dead set on shooting 300 yards I'm sure somebody else will be able to help you on how to use the 25m target.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend something along the lines of the improved batteslight zero. If you know your hold offs, you can use this for engagements at multiple ranges. This gives less climb over line of sight than a conventional 25 meter zero.

Lots of folks forget the mechanical offest. For instance, using an EOTech, with a similar zero procedure, you can engage accurately from 200 meters. You can also shoot in close, understanding that POA at the top of the nose puts your round in the tip of the nose.  Ideally, POA / POI for me are at around 100 meters. That all depends on what your expected engagement ranges are.

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Your answer-Maryland improved battle sight....kinda.

This is a good link, you'll be able to sight in at 50 yards and be pretty damn close all the way out to 200 yards.  It makes the numbers on the dial mean something.  300 yards is for match shooters.  If your dead set on shooting 300 yards I'm sure somebody else will be able to help you on how to use the 25m target.

+1
it works very well
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. That answers my question
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top